Friday, May 25, 2012

Visit in Utah

Things really worked out nicely to spend time with family and luckily the finances part worked out perfect.  With buying a new home you usually get a month off so we didn't have to pay any mortgage for May.  Well then our closing got pushed back 10 days so then again June's mortgage is zero.  Our first payment isn't due until July 1 so that was nice to have for food and gas while we vacay in Utah.  We didn't want to spend much since we just bought a bigger home and we had hardly anything for it. 

We were so happy to be in Utah.  It felt so natural and will always hold a warm spot in our hearts.  When not living there for 2 years you forget how beautiful the mountains are and how nice it is to be by our families.  Friday-Sunday we stayed with Craig's parents and had such a fun time visiting.  Saturday was picture day, playing at the park, going out to dinner (oh ABC Mandarin how I've missed you!) and then going to Sheri & Carla's house to visit. 

Parker side grandkids (Chase, Jordann, Kyle, Scott, Parker, Hadley, Kaila, Devin, Malorie, Jaycee)
 What a good looking bunch.  Made us laugh because the clothing assignment was pastels.  Everyone showed up in purple, green and blue. 


 My pretty girls.  Jaycee did so good for the camera.  It wasn't exactly her natural smile but I can't complain for having to smile for over an hour.  Right after we were done we let them all play on the playground for an hour or so.  The weather was absolutely perfect.



 After dinner we went to Sheri's house to see their new chicks and visit. 

We were glad to go to church on Sunday at Cedar Crest.  We didn't stay for classes since that's usually a touchy place for Jaycee.  I sat out in the hall talking with mom through all sunday school but it was so nice to be with her.  I miss my mommy and daddy and don't realize until you see them only once a year.  We spent the rest of the afternoon playing and taking walks with the dogs.  Izzy about killed Phyllis' dog so she got to spend the time in her kennel.  That night his family went to a birthday party and we headed to Dawn's for a get together for my side.  It was so nice to see my family (minus Dathan obviously and Dalynne since she just barely had baby Kodee)  My grandma and grandpa even took the time to drive up and visit.  We all talked and my mom and dad brought slides (yes that tells their age) of Hawaii days, VA times and SC home.  It was fun to laugh and joke around and realize how smart my dad is. 

Jaycee with her buddy Tanner.  She really liked playing with him at the party.  The other boys were a little too rough for her. 
 Oaklee Jo  Such a pretty little girl with the cutest middle name.  he he.  I thought she would be super shy because she hardly knows me but she'd let me hold her and would give me the bets smiles.  I love her.

 Bestest Friends

Monday was a crazy day.  We left pretty early and packed up to head for Layton.  We spent a while signing papers, going to the bank, eating lunch, getting things from target that we finally got to Dalynne's around 4.  We had so much fun talking and letting the kids play.  We made fajitas for dinner and headed for bed around 10.  We weren't used to Utah time yet.  Tuesday morning Craig left pretty early for NE for his job site visit and got back Thursday around 5.  Tuesday I went to the store with Rylee and my girls for groceries and we mostly just hung out.  I waited for Craig's mom to call because I was thinking she wanted to visit but ended up just letting the kids play all day.  Oh and this was the night that Izzy got off her collar and ran after a jogger and scared every kid in the neighborhood.  I was relieved that she didn't bite anyone but so freakin mad that she even gets chances to go for walks. Wednesday we got up and going pretty early and met Aimee in Riverdale for a park day.  We were there for about 3 hours!!!  Jaycee and Wyatt had so much fun playing-even though Jaycee fell off the bridge.  Oaklee was pretty cute too running around.  It was a pretty warm day but in the shade it was perfect.  We sat on our blanket drinking out diet mt. dew and let ourselves splurge with 2 El Fudge cookies.  he he.  As I sat there talking and listening, I just felt in my heart how bad I've missed my sis.  She really is my best friend even though we may not see each other all the time or talk everyday.  We just get each other.  We headed from there to the wood store and spent a good hour deciding what to buy.  I'm excited for the few projects I'll be doing.  For dinner I had plans to be with my parents and Aimee said she'll just go home...no way!  She was coming with us.  We hung out at my parents for an hour or so then ate Chick Fil A for dinner and visited yet again.  Us Allens can talk!  It was so nice being with Aimee all day!  Thursday I got to visit a long time with Dalynne which was much needed and got to hold little Kodee.  Craig finally got home just in time to go to his friends' house to visit.  Jaycee was shy at first but by the end of the night she was playing with Tessa and Rhyker (Darren's kids)  It was nice to catch up with everyone and hear how their lives are.  Friday was spent all day in SLC at City Creek.  It was a little stressful for me but overall the kids had fun and that was the focus for the day.  We got to hang out with Aimee & Kyle most the day and we all walked about a mile to dinner.  It was so yummy!  Charlie's Chow.  When we got home from SLC and to Dalynne's house my head was pounding so hard and I felt like I was going to throw up (I think the heat and lack of water got to me)  I quickly went to bed and felt bad we didn't get to play a game.  Saturday was CRAZY!  With not wanting to hurt feelings we had to visit so many people and get all the things WE needed done and add in a 5 hour drive to Boise.  I was a little bugged that people don't look at things from our point of view sometimes.  I feel bad we didn't get lots of time or even get to see everyone, but we had to do what we needed.  We did get a chance to get things from my parents house and drop off a quick mother's day gift, drop by Craig's parents house and then ate dinner at Costa with Aimee & Kyle on our way out of town.  We snuck a quick drive-by our old house.  It was awkward but nice to see all the changes on the home.  As we left and headed for our drive I cried.  Mostly because I miss my sisters.  I didn't even get much time for Dawn.  We finally got into Boise at 11:30 and Jaycee was a little sad she didn't get to go swimming.  I felt really bad but we couldn't get out of Utah forever it seemed like.  We crashed hard once we hit the pillows. 

 Jaycee with her Grandpa Radios 
 On our way to the park by Dalynne's house
 Kenna
 My baby girl Hadi playing with all the kids at Dalynne's house
 Kodee Reyn Merrill
 The girls loved the park!





 Headed to city creek in SLC
Kait, Rylee & Jaycee
 Wyatt & TJ

 Jaycee loved playing with Rylee and holding her hand
 Ry shaking her bum, bum and Jaycee copying.  Made me laugh

 Some people say she looks just like me---What do you think?
 Trevan playing with Hadi
Jaycee saying bye to the Merrill cousins
Thank you everyone for hanging out and visiting with us.  A big thanks to Dalynne & Justin and Larry 7 Phyllis for letting us stay at your houses.  We are so very blessed for the best family ever!

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your posts. It puts a smile on my face. I am so grateful for modern technology that I can keep in touch. It makes it seem like I am not missing out on your life and kids. Thanks for spending time with me. I cherish it also! I terribly miss you too but so glad that I'll get many more chances to visit! I'm sorry if I put stress on you while you were here. I understand not having time to do everything and having places to go. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! we had so much fun having you stay with us and how much you helped. the kids still talk about yall and when th next sleepover is. Love the picture of Ry and Jaycee "shaking their bootys." it's one of ry's fave thing to do...dance. she keeps asking when i'm letting her go dance at the building next to chinese with the purple hand....tumblecats! one day i hope! so glad your trip was fun and you were able to see and do so much while you were here. can't wait to visit and have you be our tour guide. we'll love every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete