Sunday, May 22, 2011

Life

I know I have been such a slacker at posting.  There hasn't been too much going on besides the good news of our sweet addition and our plans on moving next year.  Other than that, it's been same-old, same-old.  It has been raining a lot here, but that's expected for Maine.  It can't be so beautiful without the rain.  It's a fun rain though.  Most the time it comes and goes throughout the day and is warm enough to play with Jaycee in it.  We do that often.  Right now is black fly season so doing anything outside requires lots of bug spray!  Ah, the sweet perfume smell of OFF.

Craig has been so busy at work and learning more everyday.  He's been given a lot of different things to work on and getting to know some cool people.  Craig also got a new calling at church.  I know, SHOCKED RIGHT!  They switch things around A LOT here!  He is now the Branch Executive Secretary.  He's liking it and trying to get things more organized here in the Branch. 

Jaycee is growing and learning so fast!  I get shocked by what things she says and knows.  She knows all her ABC's and what they say and now we're working on learning her numbers and colors and shapes.  She picks up pretty fast on things.  One of my favorite things Jaycee says right now is she'll eat something and she'll let you know if she likes it.  She'll say, "delicious" "Jaycee likes it" or "Jaycee doesn't like it"  Tonight at dinner we were eating a pasta salad and I said, "Jaycee I like it"  She responded back with "Mom, I like it too"  Craig and I both laughed.  She also has all her final 4 baby molars coming in right now so she's had a couple rough days of crying and crying, but with being a 2 year old girl I wouldn't expect any different.

I'm doing pretty good now that I have my prescription to help me out.  I don't have quite the energy to do things like I used to so that's been an adjustment.  I love going for walks right now and try to go at least 2 miles a day as long as the weather will allow it.  I have tons of scrapbooking to do and now I really have to hurry and finish Jaycee's before #2 comes along and I get even more behind!  I'm still in the Primary Pres and loving it.  Primary is my comfort zone and I love the kids we have!

Izzy is....well Izzy!  Craig and I like to call her "reggie"  She has been a real test of patience with us.  She LOVES to bark at EVERYTHING and EVERYONE who gets anywhere close to our house.  I like it when I'm alone because of protection but it gets really annoying.  Luckily, Jaycee and Izzy are best buds.  Jaycee has now learned to open her kennel, tell her commands, and her favorite-to pet her.  It is pretty cute to see them together.

So that's life in the Parker home as of right now.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like such a slacker of a mother compared to you. Can't believe my 2 year old niece is potty trained and knows her ABCs. Wyatt still won't even learn his colors. What are your secrets? Way proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know girls learn faster than boys! I think the biggest thing is I'm always asking her. If we're on a walk we ask what color things are. It's all about interacting and just adding colors, shapes, letters to everyday life. That's all I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww cute to see my little sisses being all mommy-like. It so cute to see what they pick up on, bad and good. The good makes ya proud, the bad kinda makes ya feel guilty but only for a min till it makes ya laugh. I do miss hearing all Jaycee is learning but how cool she is picking it up so fast. Also glad you finally got your rx so you can feel better, so happy its working...and all is well with little baby. Miss you bunches. Love yall :)

    ReplyDelete