Tuesday, October 25, 2011

FHE

Last night for home evening Craig read The Proclamation to the World.  Reading it last night brought such power to how important the family unit is.  It's crazy that it was came out in Sept of 1995, 16 years BEFORE we'd face such turmoil in our world.  Gordon B. Hinkley truly was truly inspired. 
I liked how the last sentence states: "We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of of society."

We ended our lesson by playing a little game.  It was pretty much how well you know your spouse.  Even after 4 1/2 years of marriage, we didn't get 100 percent on the game.  Although I did learn that Craig's fav food is pasta with alfredo sauce NOT ice cream, his biggest dream is to go on a mission with me, he only wants 3 kids (that's always going to be a debate), one of the best things he likes about me is that I make him laugh (I can be pretty silly he he), his fav quote/saying is G2G (thanks Don Parker ha ha), and if he were to associate me with a cartoon character it'd be Betty Boop (I'll take that!)  It was fun to get to know each other better. 

I love Monday nights!

1 comment:

  1. It truly is amazing what little things like FHE can bring to a family. As well as family dinner. Glad to see it helps yall too. What a fun idea. I bet after 9 years, I'd still get some wrong about J too!

    ReplyDelete