Friday, September 7, 2012

Comfort

In my family to ease comfort we have:

Jaycee needs to have her white blanket and suck her two fingers on her left hand.  When the blanket isn't near and she's having a moment, it's her thumb! 

Hadi, at almost 9 months, has also become a blanket baby.  How does this happen to me?  To soothe Hadi or for sleeping she needs anything soft even a hanging towel on the door-Aimee & Dawn saw this-but preferably a blanket.  Once she sees the blanket come in close contact, in goes the thumb.  Right hand.

Milly, yes even the puppy, loves the blakets and pillows.

Well, let's just say for 27 years...YEARS!....I have had a blanket.  It's quite embarrassing and I hide it as a secret.  Craig jokes that he's gonna throw it away and makes fun when I can't find it at bed time.  Jaycee thinks it's pretty cool that even mommy has a blankie.

Well....I did it....it got put in the garbage can last night and the garbage can is on the corner to be picked up in oh probably 9 hours.  Now I could run out there, scrimage through gross stuff and throw it in the wash and try again another year; But I'm gonna do it.  I'm going to be blankie free.  I feel like I'm losing part of my identity.  Good bye blankie.  Thanks for all the comfort you've given!

2 comments:

  1. I was able to read all of your post this morning. Looks like you had a fun summer. I am glad you were able to see your family. That is always fun. I hope you are having a good time in Portland. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sad day...I still have mine! I am not ready to get rid of it yet. And J does the same thing to me at night...I have to hide it first! Good job, hope the separation is going ok :)

    ReplyDelete