Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our New Tradition

Monday nights have become a tradition for FHE now that Jaycee is actually understanding.  I actually look forward to it.  We sit around the table, open our book and pick a lesson.  This past week we talked about prayers.  Before this lesson Jaycee has been saying the prayers fast and and same thing like a race.  We wanted to teach her respect and what to say.
 First we start with a song which usually ends up being "Lead me Guide me"  I love hearing Jaycee sing along and often get a little emotional when she sings the words "I am a child of God and he has sent me here.  Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear"
We talked about who we are talking to when we say a prayer.  Then we taught her the 4 things to say in a prayer.  Opening, thankful for, blessings, close.
Needless to say, she took to this lesson.  She's much more reverent when she says her prayers.  And I absolutely love her little voice go soft and clear as she thinks of everything she's thankful including EVERY member in our family including Izzy and Milly and even the dog we were puppy sitting Chloe.  Also we've had chances where we've lost some things that I showed her to say a prayer for help.   The other day she had lost something and innocently she says "Mom, I'll say a prayer"  I was frustrated with whatever it was and she quietly bowed her head and said a prayer.  I don't remember what it was or if we found it but I do remember my attitude changed and the feeling of peace as she said that prayer.
So grateful for Monday nights and being close to my family.  

4 comments:

  1. We love it also, its nice when the kids gets older and start learning more. Sometimes it's hard still but, over all we enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear about little Jaycee. She really is very smart. Do you use the FHE book? I need to start really planning them a little better. Great job on teaching her! Won't it be nice when maybe one day we can do FHE together when our houses are next to each other again? ha ha...I can only dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has always seemed pretty smart. I do have to admit. I just use a book that was made at an activity. It has a song, lesson, and usually an activity. Very simple and perfect for kids. K so we'll plan once a month FHE with the Read family. mmmhmmm.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the innonence of little children! Thanks for sharing this sweet moment with us. I am so happy she's understanding more...she is so smart!

    ReplyDelete