Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pediatrician

Jaycee had her 15 month check-up today. It was a bad experience for me, but the doctor was really neato! The office is in Waterville which is about 20 miles from us. I had left the house with 30 minutes to drive there and find the office. It was 3:40 when I was getting really frustrated. I was SO lost and couldn't find the street. I was at that point 10 minutes late and I hate when patients are late. I called the office to give them a heads up and asked for directions. They asked where I was and then said...Hold on. I waited for 5 minutes on hold while still driving around looking for their office. By this time, I was even more frustrated and finally found the street and hung up. I had to drive down the street for about 5 miles, passed the building, then flip around to find it. FINALLY, I pulled in at 3:55....25 minutes late! I felt really bad, but very frustrated no one on the phone even cared I was lost. I went to the desk to check in and the lady says...You're late! I'll ask the doctor if she'll see you! She was so rude. I sat in the waiting room for a good 5 minutes before anyone said anything. I was about ready to walk out. THEN, a nurse comes out and says "I tried calling your phone" I looked at her and said, "No one called" Then she said "It said out of service" So then I said, "Did you dial 801 as the area code, not 207" Ya...that's what I thought! I also told her I called to let you guys know I was late and needed directions because I was totally lost. I've lived in Maine for a whole 3 months...give me a break. She gives me a dirty look and says "I'll be right back. I'll go talk to the doctor" K by this time, I wanted to cry because I just got yelled at, felt retarded, on top of feeling bad for being late, frustrated for getting lost. I wanted to walk out and say...I'll take my daughter where she is wanted. Just as I was ready to leave, they took me back in the room. They rushed me through her stats and then said, "The doctor will be seeing the 4:00 patients and will get to you when she's done. You're just going to have to wait" Seriously, I understand, I was late. Quit treating me like dirt. We waited about 20 minutes for the doctor. She was so good. I was very impressed. She seemed like she really wanted to get to know Jaycee and I and asked lots of questions. Also just seemed like she really enjoyed her job. Jaycee did so good and let her do her check-up without crying or anything. She even gave Jaycee a book to take home for being good. Jaycee is 23.6 pounds=50% for her weight, and she was 60% for her height. She also got 2 shots and only cried for a brief second. My baby is such a good girl! Now I'm torn because I don't want to go back because of the staff being so rude, but I loved the doctor even more than the one in Utah. Hmmmm....I'll ponder this. That was our trip to the pediatrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment