Monday, July 12, 2010

Relief Society

So I think I post everyday, but owell. On Saturday our branch had a Relief Society English Garden Party. I wasn't too excited to go because I was sad with my mom & dad leaving, but decided I need to get out and meet ladies! I was so glad I went. Sister Kea Lowe gave a "lesson" and there was something she said that really hit home. I'm not sure if this is the exact quote but it was similiar and the same meaning:

Thomas S. Monson

"Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. Professor Harold Hill, in Meredith Willson’s The Music Man, cautioned: “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.” There is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today, and to live most fully today, we must do that which is of greatest importance."

Gospel Library > Magazines > Liahona > May 2003

So I've kept that on my mind, and instead of dwelling on how sad it is to be away from my best friend Aimee, or family & sisters I've kept my outlook on living TODAY! I'm so thankful we had this opportunity to take this job and also to move out of my comfort zone. It's been a struggle with finding friends who I feel comfortable around or things in common, but that's okay. If I'm looking for friends, they'll come. Even if it is the missionaries :) I always seem to be friends and doing a lot with them. But that's okay too! So I'm going to enjoy today and everything in my life that is great!

4 comments:

  1. Don't ever say Jaycee "likes to play with balls" ever again. Ha. You guys look like your doing great and we missnyou guys around here, but I hope to see you maybe this fall. I am on my new iPad that Jodi got me for our anniversary and fathers day. It's a blast. I am a Mac bitch, so JoJo would call me. See you guys later

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does "see you in the fall" mean? Oh don't worry...Jaycee loves balls! Usually just one big ball at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I invited myself and Jodi out to your place so we can go see the red sox play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would be so excited if you did come out! You are more than welcome to stay here with us. Boston is only 3 hours from our house.

    ReplyDelete