Saturday, July 10, 2010

Picture OVERLOAD!




Jaycee found Brayden's ball. Surprise, Surprise. Jaycee LOVES playing with balls!


We had quite the eventful 8 days! My mom & dad came into town for Kamryn's baby blessing and also to visit us. We drove down to Pelham (Aimee: this is where Dathan lives :) he he) to spend Friday-Sunday with them. We hung out Friday night at their house. Saturday we played in the pool @ Dathan's, went shopping at the mall with mom & dad, and then had a delicious at a new favorite restaurant 99. If the Boston Red Socks win then every kids meal is free with an adult meal. I had a steak w/shrimp & Craig got haddock. Then after we went to Dathan's to do our fireworks. Maine doesn't allow fireworks so we bought them in New Hampshire and they were AWESOME. It's amazing the fireworks they had and were legal. It was quite the show. We all went to bed, then up again Sunday for the blessing. Kamryn Grace Allen was blessed by her proud daddy Dathan, and was quite funny cuz she farted/pooped through the whole thing. The guys were laughing when they sat back down. Kamryn had both her grandparents and us there to share her special day. We headed back to NH (Dathan's church is in Massachusetts) for a BBQ and a 3 hour game of Catan. We left about 8 to head back home with Mom & Dad. The 3 hour drive went SO fast and it was so fun to have mom & dad in our home for the next 4 days. Oh and another surprise...on Wednesday we found out their flight was Friday morning. We thought it was Thursday so I was extra happy to get one more day with them.




Haylie posing for the camera. Mom said Haylie was so clingy to her. She loved having grandma there for the week.


Meet Kamryn (Kami) Grace Allen! She looks just like her big brother and sister. Except that she has long skinny legs, fingers, and toes. She's such a quiet and cute baby! Congrats Kel & big brother!


Kamryn passed out. Seeing and holding her made me even more baby hungry!


Izzy & Suzie in the backyard. I was proud of Izzy. She was such a good dog the whole weekend. It's probably cuz we had a "talk" and I told her to be good or else Daddy will be mad. He he. Oh, and we asked Dathan & Kel to dog-sit her while we come in December to Utah. They said, Ya, why not! We owe you guys! We know she'll be in good hands.


Dathan's new house. So cute!


Well on Monday Craig was off work for the 4th of July. We spent the day in Acadia @ the beach with mommy & daddy. It WAS SO HOT ALL WEEK! It was funny though because when we got to the beach there was a coastal breeze which cooled it off and the water was freezing! It was still nice to go play in the sand.


Jaycee playing


After the beach we took them to Thunder Hole, but unfortunately the tide was too high. I was bummed. While looking out you could see all the lobster cages off the coast. Or should I say LOBSTAH!


Jaycee and I at Thunder Hole

Jaycee was so tired and grandma cuddled her to sleep even in the freakin HOT house!


On Tuesday we had plans to go to Freeport to shop and then go down to Portland for the ball game. Well we found out my parents were actually there for an extra day than planned. We had a late start on the day and it was SO HOT! On the way down to Portland we stopped in Waterville to buy air conditioner units. Craig took off work at 1 to look at some places and everywhere around our house was sold out. This was a big shock for Maine. It's usually not this hot and humid. And I felt so bad because it was a rough night sleep in the heat. We ended up finding a couple left @ Wal-Mart (yes, Wal-Mart gets more of our $) and I was so glad! They were only $98 so we bought 2 and put one in Jaycee's room with mom & dad and one is ours.


Mom at the Portland Sea Dogs game.


Daddy & daughter! She loved the game. She wouldn't sit still so we had to let her run around. She was keeping the crowd entertained during boring parts


Yay for Mommy in Portland, Maine with me!


Hi Dad. He had me sneak in his sunflower seeds in my diaper bag. We made quite the mess. Sorry to all the people who had to clean those up.


Portland Sea Dogs vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats Sea Dogs lost :( That's okay though cuz it was still a good time


Family Picture! On the way home from the game Dad needed to get gas for the car. He was so shocked that there were no gas stations open. It's seriously ghost town passed 9:00 in Maine! Well maybe not in Portland, but by us it is. We finally found one, and then stopped for ice cream. Ya, this week ruined my diet! I'm on vacation...well not really but that was my excuse.

Shopping in Freeport

Once again we had a late start, but I didn't mind. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing. So we didn't get to the beach again, but we did spend the whole day & night in Freeport. It reminds me of a mini Park City but beach area. They have lots of outlet stores, restaurants, LL Bean, bake shops & touristy shops. I ended up buying a $5 Boston Red Socks hat for Craig & I and a couple other things. I also had to buy my parents a whoopie pie! They are fattening as heck so we shared. Also I bought them some treats to take home to the family.


Jaycee was happy in this pic. She had a rough night!


LL Bean has 4 stores in Freeport. I'd say it looks a lot like Cabellas. This was the tank full of different trout.










Jaycee and I giving our cheesy smiles. Yes, that is a giant boot! Jaycee had a bad night. On our way to the car she threw up. I don't know if it was the heat or just not feeling good. When we got home I gave her med and found out she got her first molar! It all makes sense noW!


Mom all dolled up for the day. She loved the heat & I hated it! Thursday we staying around town. We went to Reny's, Big Bills (ice cream shop) and then picked out our lobstah for dinner.


STEP 1: Fill pot with water...a lot of water


STEP 2: Prepare steaks


STEP 3: Put lobster in pot. Only one screeched. We made Craig do it because they moved a lot. Creepy!



Craig doing the dirty work. They moved a lot!



Eeeewwwa!


Get it mom! I think you scared it!


You're our hero Craig


Last one in and boiling started


STEP 4: Place boiled lobster on plate and enjoy!


The hard part of getting the meat out. I couldn't crack it open...kinda creeped me out. I made Craig do mine. Mom wasn't afraid though


Now that looks tasty


I think Dad enjoyed it too!

Well after dinner it was time to pack up and relax for 4 hours until they had to leave. I was sad to be seeing them leave, but knew they probably were ready to go home. We went on a walk with mom to the park while dad tried to take a nap. We ended up talking and hanging out until 11 and then they drove off. I'll admit that I got a little teary eyed when they drove off, but it's okay. I'm happy to be living here and enjoying this adventure in our life. THANKS DATHAN & KELLIE AND MOM & DAD FOR SUCH A FUN TIME! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON!

2 comments:

  1. YA you blogged. I loved the pic, looks like you all had a blast. I can't belive you cooked lobster. I don't know the first thing about cooking sea food. Looks like you all had a great time. Oh we have the same stroller..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster is creepy, but tastes delicious! Which stroller? Orange or brown one?

    ReplyDelete