Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WAL-MART SUCKS

I can't believe June is over! That means we have lived here for just about 3 months. WoWee!

Craig and I both had to get our vehicles registered & inspections...$450 later! I about peed my pants when I heard how much his truck cost. Next year it'll be less because they're won't be fees for transferring states. Man, good thing Craig has a good job. How can they expect people to be able to fork out that kind of money.

Speaking of money; lately I've been really frustrated with Wal-Mart taking all our hard earned money. Back in Utah Aimee & I learned about GrocerySmarts.com. I wouldn't say I spent less money, but I got WAY WAY WAY more for my money. So we move out here and my choices of shopping is...um, Wal-Mart, Bud's Shop & Save, Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart! Talk about no competition. So pretty much I'm always going 6 miles to Wal-Mart. In fact, the other day my mom called and asked what I was doing and I told her I was headed to Wal-Mart. She said, "Every time I call you're there." Sad, but yes true. So I decided to boycott that dreaded store cuz seems like every time I go I find a way of finding things we "need" and walk out at least $50 or more. It's really annoying. So my parents are in town and we need 2 sets of blinds for our family room. Well where else am I going to go to get blinds! I made a list and ONLY bought what was on my list: blinds-two sets, granola, yogurt, lunch meat, bread, blueberries, licorice for Sunday, hair spray, deodorant and room air fresheners. I was so proud of myself as I got to the checkout and did the usual--scan through my cart and see things I don't really "need" and put back. Craig hates that I do this! It really drives him nuts. So I put back bath wash at the check out by the candy bars...Yes, I'm one of those customers. As I'm loading on the belt I see gift cards and remembered I was going to get one for my Dad for Father's Day. I grabbed Outback Steakhouse card and headed up to see the damage. $60! AGAIN?!!!! Sheesh. Well at least I only got the things on my list! Well since then I found BettyCrocker.com and got some valuable coupons to use for next time. I wish I could do grocery smarts out here!

Sunday is Kamryn Grace Allen's blessing day. We're headed down to Pelham (Dathan's) on Friday to spend a couple days there and bringing my parents back up to Maine on Sunday. For the BBQ I'm gonna make some cupcakes to get rid of my cake mixes. You can make them less fattening my adding 1/3 cup applesauce instead of oil, and 3 egg whites instead of the whole egg. Then I'm frosting them with cute decorations on top. But I'm using blueberries for the stars.

I got the idea from easycupcakes.com/american-flag-cupcakes. It should be fun times. We're really excited to see my parents and let them see our neck-of-the-woods.

2 comments:

  1. Walmart! I go to WinCo now. But I am the same way, Kevin would always say what did you buy and I told him, he would say, we don't need any of thoses things, I would feel bad and say ok I will take them back, I never did though. I forget to put them in my car, or I would end up using them. Dang Walmart.
    Cool your parents are coming, that should be way fun. I hope you got some good plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sounds like your having a good time.
    I didn't know you had a blog I'm glad I hope you don't mind if I follow you.
    Your baby is so beautiful I can't believe how big she is getting.

    ReplyDelete