Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Heart

On Saturday Craig and I celebrated our 3rd year anniversary! It was Craig's year to plan so we ended up driving 1 1/2 hours to Portland to see all the ligthouses, walk around downtown, and enjoy a nice dinner! Craig made reservations for a recommended yummy seafood restaurant, but as we were walking around we found a really nice Brazilian Steakhouse and couldn't resist. It sounded so good to me! Thanks Craig for the romantic and creative anniversary date. We had a blast and even enjoyed it with Jaycee. I just love my hubby so much! It's crazy to think 3 years ago we were in the temple getting married. Time flies! If I could sum up the past 3 years in one word it'd be....INCREDIBLE! I'm excited for more years to come~

On Sunday was Father's Day. Happy Father's Day my two amazing dads (Reyn & Larry). And a happy father's day to my wonderful Craig! We had a CRAZY day. I made fruit & yogurt parfaits for breakfast and gave Craig's his gifts. Jaycee and I got him floor mats for his truck, fishing pants, a memory card for his phone, and a framed picture of Jaycee. He was so excited and even more because I actually kept a secret and didn't tell him. We headed for church and Craig got the opportunity :) to give a talk. Also he called sustained at the new Branch clerk. He's excited for his new calling. As we were singing the opening hymn, Craig found out he was the only speaker and the other ones didn't come. He did a great job and talked about fathers. Well the time had come to give my lesson. I was so nervous but I had planned all week and felt prepared and ready. As I was in the middle of my lesson I felt the strong impression to talk about something that happened to me in my life. I didn't want to talk about it but felt I needed to share. Before I could even speak I just broke down sobbing. I was embarrassed cuz I was crying so hard I couldn't talk. I ended my lesson with a song "Never A Better Hero" with hopes we all can appreciate Christ's Atonement and show gratitude. I felt the spirit so strong. I just hope and pray the ladies took something from the lesson, and grateful they helped me through it. I'll start preparing for next month in a couple weeks. We got home and I made Craig fajitas for dinner with enough calories to have 2 homemade Red Velvet cupcakes. It was really hard to make a whole batch of cupcakes and only eat 2! I ended up giving the missionaries a couple, Jaycee a couple, and the rest the garbage got! Craig & I started a diet last week. We work out really hard at least 4 days/week and wasn't seeing results on the scale. So we decided to cut & count calories. On Sunday was our 1 week and both of us lost 3 pounds. It's really hard, but so worth it. Father's Day night ended with Craig going to do home teaching for about an hour and a couple episodes of 24. Also the missionaries came over for about 15 minutes. Sister Brown left on Tuesday for Salt Lake City! She was such a great missionary. So nice, friendly, and I loved talking to her. Her testimony really showed through and I was so thankful to meet her and say good bye. She will be missed....good thing for Facebook!

Stars
We'll be under the stars this weekend!....


Well that's about all for now. This weekend should be exciting. I made reservations tonight for camping on Friday @ Acadia National Park. Tomorrow I'll be getting a menu made and things together so Friday we can leave right when Craig gets home. I'll make sure to take plenty of pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment