Friday, June 11, 2010

Just some randomness

I don't really have any new pics to add, but decided to take a minute to say hi to all our family and friends! HI!!! It's crazy to think we've been here for 2 months already. Time sure does fly.

Craig is absolutely loving his job. He passed the Utah PE Test that he was studying so hard for. Now he can officially say he is a Professional Engineer. I'm so proud of him. All the schooling paid off. You'd think with having a masters degree you'd be done with tests....Nope! Now that he passed the Utah PE he has to take the California test in April which is a surveying and sysmeic test. Once he passes those 2 tests he will be licensed in both Utah & Cali. Oregon has reciprocity with both states so then Craig will just have to pay $ to be licensed in Oregon and we can move out and start work there in Estacada. Then, just when all the test SHOULD be done, he'll take the SE Test in 3 years saying he is officially a Structural Engineer. I never knew there could be so many tests! He'll do awesome though. He studies like crazy, and I go a little crazy, but I will support him in anything he wants! Obviously, cuz I'm in Maine!!! He has made some friends in his new office, and I got to meet the CEO, Jack, the other day. I'm really liking this company and especially how they treat their employees & families. Good move! It's always a good job when it's exciting to go to work to learn and apply all the schooling on a job. Oh, and another good thing....Craig got promoted from a cubicle to an office...ha ha. He gets his own office WITH A DOOR! he he. He's gonna put a picture up from Kyle (thanks Kyle for the football pic), and needs more ideas. We're always open for an ideaR. I'll post pics of it.
The church is growing! We had a full house on Sunday, but then again it was a baby blessing. With only 6 pews in the building you'd think it'd be full. I got the chance yesterday to take the Sister Missionaries to Augusta for a zone conference. They were there from 9-2:30 so Jaycee & I took advantage of the city and shopped. I got some good deals on clothes from Old Navy & Target. I love baby clothes shopping! On the way home Sister Brown & I talked a ton. She is so nice! It's so fun to hear her stories and life in the mission field. I love having sister missionaries in our area because it gives me a chance to do things with them. Craig did get a calling 2 weeks ago, but I can't say what it is. It has to clear through the stake first and also has to get sustained, but he's really excited for it. I am too! I have to give my lesson in 2 weeks in Relief Society. I almost had a breakdown on Sunday because I am SO NERVOUS! I don't know why. I just ask for all your thoughts and prayers. I read over the lesson and the whole lesson is The Atonement. What a way to start my first time teaching! I'm still thinking of ways to make the lesson interesting and attentive. I'm always open for any ideas. Craig and I have also started a count down...3 months until Jaycee goes to nursery!!!! She is at that stage that she doesn't want to sit still and runs everywhere! It's really hard to keep her sitting still and quiet for 3 hours. She just wants to run and play. Usually Craig or I have to go out in the hall with her. I think Craig volunteers a lot since she is his hall-pass :)
Life is good. I am happy although days I'm sad because I want to see my family and friends. What gets me through those hard times is looking at my amazing husband & best friend and my little girl. Craig and I both prayed and thought a lot about this decision to move, and really felt it was what we were supposed to do. Whether because we're supposed to be in Maine; whether we are supposed to be working for Kleinschmidt; or whether we are here to help the people, we don't know. The Lord definetely works in mysterious ways whether we know at that moment it's him working! I truly have faith that I will put my life in his hands, and we will be blessed. It's happened too many times to not keep my faith in him! It's hard leaving behind all my nieces and nephews, family, and in-laws but one thing that has come out of all of this is Craig and I are such best friends! He has helped me so much through my melt-downs and my sad times. I just love our relationship and the stronger it becomes. Also I LOVE BEING AT HOME EVERYDAY! I really thought it'd be hard for me. I've had a job since I was 16! I notice now that 5:00 comes too fast and Craig is home and ready for dinner & to play. I have no ideaR where time goes. If I had to go back to working I would do it, but it would definetly be hard.
....Just some thoughts for the day, and how we are doing...Our 3 year anniversary is in 11 days. 3 years ago today I was preparing to go to the temple and become Mrs. Parker! This year is Craig's year to plan the anniversary and we're thinking of going to Portland to see the lighthouses and a yummy seafood restaraunt since we are right on the coast. The other ideaR is to go island hopping on a cruise ship right outside of Portland. Only problem with that ideaR is I get motion sickness really easy, and Dramamine makes me soooo tired whether or not the bottle says Less Drowsy. So we'll see what he has in store for our fun anniversary celebration.
Oh, and since it's on my mind....Congrats to Aimee, who is busy and working all day with making her new little baby! It takes a lot on a body to have a baby grow inside of you and is so tiring especially in the 1st trimester. I'm so excited to find out what she is having and hopefully will get to hold "her" when "she" is born. I'm thinking PINK is in the air. Yay Aimee! Oh, and for the record, that's pretty impressive to hold a secret for 6 months from your best friend! I had no ideaR they were even trying. If you can't tell...I'm so excited! Just wish I could be there to see her belly grow.
Loves to All! We miss you all dearly. We're excited for December to come out and visit. We're daily checking air flight $ and even got a Jet Blue Credit Card. We will be home for Christmas! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment