Saturday, December 24, 2011

Things in the Parker home have been super great and we're so excited for Christmas with the best present ever! 

Hadley has been such a good baby.  She is a little more testier than Jaycee was, but overall I can't complain.  The first couple days home were rough with feedings and feeling like she was eating ALL THE TIME!  Finally we decided she probably needs a binkie cuz she just wants to suck.  So Craig saved the day and went up to the store to get her binkies and gas drops.  We met with her dr and she had lost weight from 7lb 2oz to 6lb 9oz but she wasn't too worried.  Also her color and everything else looked great!  Right now she's eating every 3 hours and at night I don't wake her up and she lets me know when she's ready.  She'll usually go about 5 hours between at night.  It has been such a blessing and difference!  I'm a little picky about my sleep, but I can handle a 5 hour stretch.  Jaycee adores her sissy and loves to hold her.  Craig says she looks completely opposite from Jaycee but I disagree.  They look similiar but she does have differences.  Hadley doesn't has as much hair and it's straight (Jaycee's was full and curly), her nose is more pointy (we think she has my nose and Jaycee has Craig's), her eyes are wide and big (def from Craig), she is skin and bones besides her chubby cheeks-she's got the tiniest little chicken legs, and she def has a scream/cry that she'll let you know she's not happy.  We just feel so lucky to have 2 sweet little girls and especially her to welcome us for Christmas.

I've been feeling great!  It's strange.  I expected lots of pain, tiredness and blues.  It's been opposite.  I haven't had hardly any pain, just cramps that Ibuprofen helps.  I've been happy-go-lucky and I don't know if it's cuz I have Jaycee here or what.  And the whole sleep thing I get about 7 hours a night which is plenty and occasionally I'll sneak in a nap with the girlies.  I guess the biggest thing is I cry a lot.  I get emotional over a lot of things pretty easy.  But I can handle crying.  People tell me I feel so good because I went natural and if that's the case, it was totally worth it!  Should be interesting to see what I do with the next pregnancy. 

We're so excited for Christmas and to Skype with family tonight and tomorrow.  Jaycee is "so esited" as she says.  She's really digging into this whole Christmas season.  Pictures to come of the big day and of our sweet girls. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandee! What a sweet post! I am so esited also to see how well she reacts to Christmas. Honestly as we get older, we seriously live thru our kiddos and I get so excited to see my kiddos so excited! Cant wait to skype ya and see yall. As for the crying, I totally relate. I feel so over-lovey and emotional all the time but I guess its good for the body to have a good cry! Love ya so much...Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete