Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

What a fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we had!  For Christmas Eve we got to Skype with Craig's family.  It was so much fun.  They have their whole family party that night at my in-laws home.  I was a little jealous because they always had the best food (shrimp, chik-fil-a nuggets, chili's egg rolls, cool whip balls, rolls, etc)  I tried to immitate by having chicken strips, mozz sticks, fruit and cool whip balls.  We got all our presents together from the family and let Jaycee go first to open her presents.  She had so much fun opening her presents and we had so much fun watching all our other nieces and nephews open theirs.  I'm so grateful for Skype and technology because it felt like we were right there with them.  We ended our night with tucking Jaycee into bed about 11 and reading her "Twas the night before Christmas"  She was so excited that Santa was coming and even left him a plate of goodies and milk. 

 
Jaycee playing with her fruit.  That was the coolest present and she loves to cut her fruit and cook it.  Thanks Dana!

Talking on Skype with the family.  We sure missed everyone!
 

This pic makes me laugh.  Jordann posted it on f/b.  She told us to smile.  I didn't know she was taking a pic.  haha.  Way to remember Christmas Eve 2011.

 Christmas Day has finally come!  Craig and I woke up about 830 and we should've gone back to sleep but we were starving!  We got up and made biscuits & gravy (our family favorite) and waited for Jaycee to wake up.  Finally about 945 I went up to wake her up.  She came downstairs and was so happy Santa brought her a kitchen!  We gathered around the tree and opened up our presents.  We got spoiled.  Jaycee was so funny.  She would open a gift and want to play with it and didn't want to open the other ones.  I think we could've just bought her one thing and she would've been just fine.  The funniest thing is her favorite thing....TASHA!  Jaycee is OBSESSED with Backyardigans!  
 
  If you aren't familiar with it; there are 5 backyard friends: Tasha, Uniqua, Austin, Pablo & Tyrone.  They meet in the backyard and pretend to be things and sing.  Jaycee has quite the imagination because of this show.  She likes to pretend shes a super hero, she tries to "save the day" and MANY other things.  It makes Craig and I laugh.  Well at the last minute, I felt bad that she loves this show so much but didn't get anything for Christmas with them.  So I bought a little beenie baby Tasha and put in her stocking.  She carries it everywhere!  If I would've known I would've given her more of those and not other things.  Owell.  
Hadley got some nice gifts too; mostly clothes, but that's what she needed for the cold winter weather.  Craig got Lions things and Santa brought him a nice metal tool box.  He was pretty excited about that.  I got some clothes, games, another piece for my nativity and other things.  I think it turned out pretty good.  We played with all our things then just hung out for the day.  Jaycee had so much fun playing with her things.  For dinner I wanted to have a nice Christmas dinner, but because of pregnancy I can't eat ham too well.  So instead we had pork loin, sweet potatoes with apples, rolls, red jello with cherries and corn.  It was delicious!  We ended our night watching some football (which we don't need to be reminded of) and crashed!  What a great day! 

Jaycee's new kitchen.  She loves to cook dinner for us. 

She wanted me to take a pic of her with Tasha.  Silly girl

Opening her new baby doll that Santa brought. 

Santa brought our family The Office Clue.  Can't wait to play it.

Jaycee helping me open a present from daddy.  It was Ticket to Ride!  One of my favorite games.

I was so excited.  Craig kept that as a good secret.

Jaycee playing with her water colors

That's supposed to be thumbs up for a tasty dinner!

My perfect little Christmas baby.  Hadley wearing her new Christmas dress from Aunt Dalynne.  Thanks D


2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your updates. It makes me feel that you are just up the street. Looks like you had a fun 2 1/2 weeks! Jaycee is getting so big and pretty. And I love her kitchen. I may have to get Oaklee one instead of this dang Elmo one we have. I am still laughing at the picture of Jaycee with her "thumbs up"! haha Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute, kenna was reading this post with me and kept saying it was rylee...its amazing how much they look alike. and she was obsessed with her "mickey" pjs. love all that yall got, sounded it was a great day. thanks for skyping with us that day. we just seeing your faces.

    ReplyDelete