Sunday, January 8, 2012

Updates & Pics

Just updating a little with the fam here in Maine.  Things are going super well.  It was an adjustment when everyone left.  Jaycee had to catch up on sleep for a few days, as did all of us.  We mostly just relaxed in the house playing with new toys and cleaning up for the holidays.  Our surround sound did get a fuse that busted so we took a trip to Waterville to get a new fuse and we were so glad it worked.  I was nervous our system went out.  We also have been looking up homes a lot in Oregon.  We contacted our real estate agent we're using...Thanks Mom for your help....and he's sending us some links too.  It's been really fun but then kinda of stressful because we found out with a FHA loan we have to come up with 3.5% down.  So that's about $7500 to come up with in cash.  We did put our 4 wheeler up for sale to try to get half of that, and still waiting for the phone call that gets it sold.  We're pretty sad to sell it but know it's worth the sacrifice to get a house.  We fly out around Feb 21 to Oregon to look at homes and for Craig to go to a conference.  We're pretty excited.  We played a lot of Just Dance 3 this week.  I love the exercise and to see my family dance away.  It makes me laugh.  We ended the week with getting Haddi & Jaycee's pictures done up in Bangor.  I get really bummed there's not many options for portrait studios especially because they never spend the time to get lots of poses, but for the price I can't complain.  While up there we also ran a few extra errands, ate Quizno for lunch and I got to spend my gift card at Old Navy.  When we got home we were exhausted and relaxed watching football while Craig finished preparing a talk for sacrament, his lesson for primary, and I had to plan sharing time.  Wow!  The Parkers ran the show on Sunday. ha ha. 

Oh and we can't forget about my birthday!  I turned 27!  I kinda feel old.  ha ha.  It was a great day!  I woke up to Jaycee yelling for her dad.  She's is obsessed with spending time with him.  Then she yelled "Amanda, come in my room."  It was funny that she knows our names.  She came in and told me it was my birthday and daddy had a birthday downstairs.  So we got up and he had bought a donut for breakfast with a little note for both of us.  It was really cute.  He told me later he wanted to buy an Amp to go with it, but not such a good idea for that much caffeine and nursing.  (We did that with Jaycee-bad, bad idea)  Jaycee and I hung out in the day and enjoyed being home together.  At lunch Craig wasn't feeling so hot and I felt bad that he'd have to come home and make me a special birthday dinner so I told him for my birthday to order pizza.  I didn't have to convince him.  We love pizza.  Then I got my presents-I got a new camera and a g/c for Old Navy and Jaycee got me a picture frame.  I also got a card and g/c from my in-laws (thank you!) and a card with a g/c from my parents (thank you!)  I felt very spoiled.  We ended the night playing Just Dance again, because I love it, and having birthday cake.  Jaycee loved that part.  It was a successful birthday and once again my hubby made it a special day.  So here are pics from the week & birthday and also pics from the studio.  Enjoy :)

Hadley's umbillican cord FINALLY fell off so she now gets to take baths.  Here's her first bath

Jaycee was so excited that she could take a bath with her sissy.  I have a feeling they're gonna be best friends.

Jaycee and Haddi hangin out on the couch.  Jaycee loves, loves, loves to hold her and watch shows with her.

Just a random pic of my birthday night-Craig was making me laugh so hard

Playing Just Dance.  Jaycee loves playing too.  It's pretty cute

Bust a move Craig!  He was prob embarrased I took this but I had to test out my new camera

Blowing out the candles.  

So happy!

My beautiful, beautiful girls!  I couldn't be more proud! 










1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes....GORGEOUS!!! I know I always say this but that close up of Jaycee with her hands on her hips is Ry all the way. It takes me back, though Ry still does that all the time. She said it makes her look 'sassy', lol. But wow, your girls are seriously breathtaking! I just miss you guys so much but I love how much we are able to talk with eachother. And so happy you had such a great bday. It matters even when not alot is going on, that your family still cares. Great post, and thanks for sharing such adorable pics. Haddi is just so pretty :0)

    ReplyDelete