Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

I love Father's Day and taking the time to spoil my man :)   He does so much for our family and provides for me to stay home with our girls.  He's one of the most patient men I've ever met and dealing with 3 girls in the house and 2 female dogs....that alone takes patience.  ha ha.  I've always heard the way to a man's heart is food so we spent time Sunday making some of Craig's favorites.  I made biscuits & gravy with OJ for breakfast and for dinner made sweet rice with enchiladas (with tortillas from Costco) and for dessert I tried a new pudding cake.  Yum, Yum!  It was a great day at church as usual, except that even at 1:00 I can't help us be on time!  I need to work on that.  The fathers in our ward got a king size candy bar to choose from.  I was taking Jaycee to her class while Craig got his treat and when I sat next to him in sunday school he showed me that he picked out a Milky Way.  (he knows that's one of my favorites)  Now that is love to pick out that knowing he would probably give it to her.  We got Craig a few gifts.  I made a really cool pic for Craig of the girls to take to his office; then he also got a few beef jerky stix (Tillamook of course), a g/c to Home Depot, Sherlock Holmes (his ultimate favorite movie) and he requested The Book of Mormon on CD to listen as he drives to and from work.  I think he liked everything.

I also took the time to call my daddy on such a special day.  It's taken me a few years to come around with him.  We clash a lot of times with our personalities and living at home until 22 he learned what my buttons are and how to push them.  So needless to say I haven't been the best daughter to him.  BUT the past few years, mostly since we moved away, I have really grown a love for my dad.  He does care for me and has done so much to love me in his own way.  I had THE BEST TIME when he came out to our house in December and when he left I found myself crying.  Mostly because I felt bad that I've let my stubbornness come in the way of a good relationship.  It felt so good to talk to him on Sunday and tell him Happy Father's Day because I know simple things like that mean a lot to him.  I do love my dad and thank him for the father that he is. 

HOPE EVERY DAD/FATHER OUT THERE HAD A SPECIAL DAY!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! so happy it turned out well and yes your food sounds delish. especially the tortillas...they are our faves. and i have to agree, we have a pretty awesome dad!!! happy fathers day craig!

    ReplyDelete