Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Brave

I have the bravest little girl.  Ever since Utah and lately seeing that Oaklee had earrings, Jaycee has wanted them too.  We didn't want her to get them until it was HER decision to make, not ours.  We told her what they do and that it might hurt, but she didn't care.  She wanted them!  When we were at the mall with grandma & grandpa we saw earrings and Jaycee kept telling me she wanted them done.  Clair's girl was so snotty and said "I can't guarantee we'll do them at the same time"  See ya!  They were super nice at Icing but the other girl to help wasn't there for another 15 minutes.  See ya!   We ended up going to Pagoda Piercing.  The lady explained what would happen and Jaycee still was ready to do it with no fear.  They suggested 14k gold because of allergies kids could have to metals.  We decided to get her birthstone for March (aquamarine)
and I let Jaycee pick out the ones she wanted.  She chose they really pretty flowers.  The lady guided her back into the booth and she didn't hesitate at all.  She climbed right up in the chair and was ready to go.  I think I was more nervous for her. 

I was a little nervous of her jumping and maybe bumping their hands so I actually had her sit in my lap.  They cleaned off her ear, drew a dot and she cooperated and didn't care at all.  They put the machine up to her ear and on the count of three....bam.  It was a delayed reaction but she looked at me and started crying.  It wasn't her normal loud, cry but a cry that I knew she hurt.  It made me feel bad.  They gave her a sucker and sticker and after about 30 min of crying off-and-on she had to show EVERYONE at the mall her new earrings.  She's my little brave beauty.  I'm so proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. They look AMAZING!!! I can't wait to get Kenna's and I hope she's just as brave. We did Ry's when she was too little to know what was happening. And wow! Jaycee looks super tall and grown-up when she was sitting in that chair...has she grown that much in 2 months!?! She picked out a cute pair :)

    ReplyDelete