Tuesday, July 3, 2012

5 YEARS!

Thinking back 5 years from June 22, 2012 I remember waking up super early with butterflies in my stomach.  I was SO NERVOUS driving up to Logan and the drive seemed super quick.  I knew in my heart it was the right thing to marry Craig and in the temple but man, I was so nervous.  As we drove up and almost a little late, I quickly walked in and there was my man!  He smiled at me as he was waiting and came and grabbed my hand and walked me into the temple.  All nervous left and I had the most calm feeling.  We got about 10 minutes before the ceremony started and we were able to sit together in front of the mirrors and I just felt so loved and felt so perfect in his arms for eternity.  It was overwhemling to see all our family & friends in the temple with us as we made covenants together and I think I cried the whole time.  I married my true, eternal best friend! 

We have done SO much in the past 5 years: lived in N. Ogden, Ogden, Maine & Washington; drove the country coast-to-coast 2 times; have had 2 kids and 2 dogs; worked for 4 different companies; lots of flights for work & pleasure; paid off a truck, 4 wheeler and student loans; made lots of friends; made more memories than 5 years can squeeze in.  It's exciting to see what will come in the next 5. 

For V-day and Anniversary we take turns so this year was Craig's turn to plan our anniversary.  He surprised me the night before by telling me to pack up and tomorrow we'll go for a fun trip and that he took the day off work.  We just barely moved so we don't really "trust" ppl to watch the girls so they came with us, but I didn't mind.  He planned dinner in Astoria with a night hotel right on the beach.  Then the next day we were going to drive down the coast and do a little hike in the mountains and the beach. 

Jaycee posing by the big anchor.  So funny to see her strike a pose

 Bridge from Astoria to Washington over the Columbia River
 Happy 5 years to us!

 We ate at a wonderful seafood restaurant; clam chowder, prawns & halibut.  Mmmm... Then we headed to Long Beach and it was so cold.  Mostly it was windy with a light rain but it was about 55 degrees so we only stayed for about 10 minutes.  Then we headed back to the hotel to warm up.  Milly & Jaycee loved it despite the weather

 Jaycee wanted to take pics so the next few are her snap shots in the hotel




 We slept in a bit the next morning then headed to Wa state park Cape Dissapointment and drove to this beautiful site of the lighthouse and then went for a half mile hike up the mountain to see an old fort and it overlooked the ocean.

 Next we drove down the coast to Cannon beach and hung out there for a few hours. 
 Even Hadi loved getting some vitamin D and playing on the beach.  Milly was a social butterfly and said hi to about every dog & person that walked by. 

We ended our trip with driving to Tillamook, OR to see the factory and grab some ice cream and then our drive back home.  What a perfect weekend.  Happy anniversary babe!

1 comment:

  1. mandee how sweet a weekend. sounds like so much fun. i love jaycee always wears her rain boots. i love that its always raining. i love your fun family vacays. i love how much you love your hubby. and i love how happy in life you are :)

    ReplyDelete