Wednesday, October 10, 2012

9 month check up

Hadley had her 9 month check up this past week.  (we were about a month late...oops, I'm horrible at making appointments)
This appointment there weren't any shots but we did decide to do flu shots for both girls (Jaycee was an inhalation one) 
Hadi didn't like it one bit! 
Hadi is now a whopping 16lbs 10oz and ranks in the 8%!  I thought for sure she'd be heavier than that if you see what this girl can eat.  I'm talking a whole piece of pizza, rolls, fruit, crackers...you name it.   Any sight of food and she whines until she gets some.  Sheesh.  We still are nursing morning & night.  It's pretty cute because around 8:45-9 she'll get super whiny and if she's playing she'll whine and crawl to me.  I guess some may think it's strange I'm still nursing (she's 10mo on Friday) but I love it.  I love the bond that I get with her those 2 times a day.  Hadi def loves her nub, nub and whatever is food related.
She ranked in the 14% for her height although I didn't get the exact measurement.  I was a little concerned with her being so small (weight) but she's proportioned to her height so we've just got a little petite girl on our hands.  It's funny because we'll go out and people are always telling me how small she is.  I guess I'm with her all day so I don't notice. 
Hadley has also showed us that she's gaining quite the personality.  I've been working on waving "HI" with her and she finally does it now.  Also I love that I'll say "Where's Dad?  or Where's Jaycee"  and she'll search around the room until she sees them and then get the biggest smile :)   She hates the stairs!  She'll crawl to them and stand up and if I'm sitting a few up to try and get her to climb them she just cries.  She's climbed one so far but she cried the entire time.  She also won't use things to walk like her little stroller or lion.  She'll stand with them and the minute it starts moving she'll stop and sit.  I think they move too fast for her.  So needless to say, she has fear where Jaycee just took off and didn't care.  Hadi also learned to clap this past week.  It's fun to see her get so excited to see us interact.  And last thing is she now can officially drink from hard sippy cups and using straws.  I blame that one on Jaycee for leaving her things around and for always sharing her drinks. 

We sure love our Hadi May.  She's such a sweet baby and I could never complain.  Some mornings I find myself sleeping in  and I'll feel bad because she never says a peep to know she's awake.  So I assume she plays with her animals or falls asleep.  She does this every time she goes to bed so I have to check on her.  She loves her sissy and her little puppy.  She gets the happiest face when they are around her.  I can't imagine life without my baby Hadi and the loves and smiles she gives.  I'm so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Hadi is such a cute girl! We have lucked out with children that go with the flow. What a tiny girl! Oaklee has been the same way. Sure miss you and your kids! Wyatt has been talking about Jaycee lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE HER!!! She is such a tiny peanut...but its so cute how much her personality shines! Hooray for cute girls :)

    ReplyDelete