Monday, October 22, 2012

October Rain Brings Visitors :)

Wouldn't you know that here in Washington we went through a dry spell from June until October and the minute we have family come in town....in comes the rain.  But despite the rain we had a fun time.  We ate some yummy meals and our new favorite at Red Robin.  We went to some fun places in the rain and shine.  We played games-Jim and Pam were guilty!  We crossed our heart and hoped to die  ha ha.  We talked about what we'd do "if I had a million dollars"  ha ha.  Some threw up from car sickness.  Girls played with barbies and had sleepovers.  Dog poop was found on shoes-gross!  Pears were eaten off our tree.  Rhett was obsessed with my phone.  But the best was the JOY of having family drive over 12 hours one way to visit us.  Thank you Dalynne and family for such a great week and we can't wait for our next visit! 

It was Kenna's 3rd birthday on 10/12 so we celebrated on Sunday.  That frosting from Harmons was delicious!  Happy Birthday Kenna.  Hope you love your zooble.
 On Tuesday night we had a Tupperware/Paparazzi party so we decided to get everyone out before the parties and took a visit to Multanomah Falls.  Everyone was quite excited to see the falls.  It was a bit chilly but glad we had coats and boots.  The group pic minus Hadi & I
 Ah...so cute!
 The girls.  Aren't they adorable!
 Love my little family
 Dalynne and Kodes
She was such a good baby all week

 Wednesday we got a little bit of a late start with staying up so late the night before but we still snuck in a trip to the beach.  It was a PERFECT day.  60 degree weather with a slight warm breeze.  The tide was clear out so it was actually nice we got there a little late.  Rhett was able to find 12 sand dollars!  Hadi loved the beach and at one point she went face first into the sand to get a taste.
 Happy 10 year Anniversary guys!
 My beach girls! 
 Jaycee loved the beach as usual.  At one point she was doing beach-angels.  haha
We did get to go to our favorite seafood restaurant in Astoria and had some devine surf & turf.  All the kids loved the food.  We were tuckered out when we got home. 
 Thursday we decided to take a trip to the Portland temple.  They have a new visitors center so we went through that and the kids got to color temples.  Also we had fun walking around and enjoying the beauty of the Lord's house.  It's even prettier inside!  
The girls were taking pics and they have learned to pose.  ha ha
 These 2 girls were inseparable.  At one point both Rylee and Jaycee were crying because they couldn't ride together in my car.  They got along so well.  Rylee is just a little doll and so sweet spirited. 
 My beauty


 My little blue-eyed Hadi
 Jaycee thought it was cool that she could climb up and touch the temple. 
 Friday Craig took off the day and we took the clan to the Ape Caves @ Mt. St. Helens.  Unfortunately it was raining so they couldn't see the actual valcano but we did still go down into the caves.  Here is Jaycee outside the caves playing in the lava rocks.
 Little Rylee moo
 The Merrill family down in the cave.  It's really hard to take pics because you literally can't see anything down there. 
 Our family :)
 A picture of a spot down in the caves.  It was pretty creppy when it was so dark and couldn't see anything and just could feel dripping water.  It was a perfect spooooky adventure for Halloween.

 Yay we made it back and out safe and in one piece
 Mountain man Craig showing us the way
 Playing games on the weekend nights.  Love me some Office Clue
 Rhett being silly


 Saturday we did manage some more good weather to go feed the ducks by our house. 
 The girls trying to find which duck to feed

Sunday came a little too quick!  We had so much fun and already planning for another trip.  
Love you Merrill family.

4 comments:

  1. I love how cute the girls are together. It makes me hopeful my kids will have best friend cousins. I bet Oaklee and Aspen will be like that. See, you need to come back! It's fun to see that you had fun and actually got in games. Can't wait to hopefully see you soon. I'm still trying to convince Kyle on getting out there next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun trip! i love how much fun your family has together. maybe we'll have to make a trip up that way one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that was the funnest time...it was so great to FINALLY have a drama-free vacay. the girls actually cried when we pulled into our driveway. Kenna even said, "Get me out of here. I want Jaycee's house!" You got some really great pics...I'll have to steal a few. Wouldn't you know I'd forget the camera charger, and it died? Thanks so much for hosting us. Yall are the best! I loved being there and thinking of what to do with a million dollars...buy a million tissues!" I can't wait to get back. I know we'll be back really soon..."cross my heart and hope to die!!!" Love you guys so much! Thanks again for the best trip. The rain was awesome and I'm happy it followed us home. Totally reminds me of yall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rylee wanted me to say..."We'll be moving soon to Jaycee's house so I can play Barbies with Jaycee and have another sleepover anytime I want!" I love our girls had so much fun together. Not sure if we could move anytime soon, but I love they want to be close to yall!

    ReplyDelete