Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Not so little

We pray a lot I realized.  On FHE nights we open with a prayer, close with a prayer.  Dinner Prayer.  Bedtime Prayer. Personal Prayers. Couple Prayers. Prayers at church. Prayers before going on a road trip. 
It's no wonder Jaycee has finally picked up on them!  We'll always ask who's turn it is to say the prayer and sometimes she'll say Jaycee's.  It wasn't until the other night that she actually did say the prayer and copied every word.  It melted my heart!  Now that she learned to say them, she reminds us that we need to say prayers.  Usually we don't say lunch prayers. Yesterday we had gotten lunch ready and she let us know we need to pray for our lunch. 
Ever since Jaycee was little I've always loved to sing to her.  I sing silly songs like Popcorn Popping, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Your Boat, In the Leafy Treetops.  In fact when we were moving across country last year when she had her bad moments I would sing with her and it made her happy.  I also like to sing soft songs to her like I am a Child of God, A Child's Prayer, I Wonder When He Comes Again.  Those are my favorites for bed time.  On saturday morning Jaycee came in our bed with us and was a perfect start to the morning.  We all just laid in bed together and enjoyed Craig being with us.  (Saturday is the only morning we get to sleep in together)  We were all laughing and just relaxing and Jaycee decided to get her little fingers out and start saying something.  It took me a minute to see what she was doing.  She was singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider to us.  It was adorable!  All this time I had been singing to her, she actually was picking up on it.  She didn't know it word-for-word but pretty close.  The actions were the best.  The next day on Sunday she sang us I am a Child of God.  That's a long song for her so mostly she sings "lead me, guide me. walk beside me. help find way." I will try REALLY hard to get her to sing a song for the camera.
So over the past couple days I've realized my little baby girl is not so little anymore.  I could take it as a sad thing, but instead I just soak up every minute.  I love being a mommy and so lucky to be able to stay home and watch her grow.  It's the most rewarding sacrifice I ever had to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Talk about melting hearts....so adorable. Its super sad when they grow up. I feel that way knowing my little guy is being baptized in a matter of months, and losing his baby teeth. I miss you so much. Its hard not being around to see Jaycee grow up and learn these fun things yall are teaching. I cant wait till we can visit. Keep being the best parents I know you are. And enjoy every second!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete