Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vacay-Part 1

Well I can't believe 6 days have flown by!  We've had so much fun hanging out with Don & Malorie!
Thursday they flew in and I was so excited.  I haven't spent a ton of time with them, but they both are just giant sweet people.  Right when I saw them at the airport I got a huge smile.  I guess it's the idea of family.  I think I might even cry when they leave.  I'll blame that on preg emotions!

We went out to dinner Thurs night to 99.  It's a favorite of ours.  Then we took them for a walk with Izzy and kinda showed them a little bit of Pittsfield.  We got Izzy from Malorie's mom's lab.  Don and Malorie decided to keep a pup from the same litter so they have Sophie.  They say Izzy and Sophie are so much alike.  I couldn't believe how much Izzy loved them.  Licking them to death and always wanted to be by them.  *Keep in mind* She does that with NO ONE out here in Maine!   Then we watched a pretty good movie that night.

Friday we woke up and had yummy waffles then went over to Acadia/Bar Harbor area.  It was overcast and gloomy and chilly, but we still had a good time.  I was SUPER-OOBER sick this day!  I threw up on the way there and just felt horrible the whole time.  I tried really hard to not let them notice though.  I wore really bad shoes too so my feet hurt, my head was pounding and felt nausea all day.  I think it was a mixture of car sick with not eating enough food.  Jaycee did get a cute moose at a gift shop-she calls him Tyrone-I got a penny for Aimee :)  Then we left and headed to dinner.  We found a grill and wasn't too impressed.  The pickles were really good though.  That's about all I wanted to eat.  I was so glad to get home and take meds and go to sleep!
 Malorie and Jaycee playing on the coast by Bar Harbor

Saturday we were planning on taking them to Old Orchard beach but that fell through with the weather!  Bummer!  We took them down to Portland.  We walked on the ocean front, saw some shops, Malorie decided we should take a Sunset Cruise, ate lobster (I got salmon instead), and just had a way fun day.  It helped that I was feeling really good too.  A big thing in Maine obviously is lobster- So everyone but me got a lobster roll for dinner.  They weren't big fans.  I ordered salmon and it was AMAZING!  I did manage to get another penny for Aimee.  She'll owe me later!  ;)

They had a lobster festival on the pier so we thought we'd go check it out.  Notice the blow up lobster in the back round.  All the boats were way fun to see and the ocean breeze is always nice.
 Love my family!
 Don and Malorie in an allie in downtown Portland.  I have no idea what Don is trying to do.  he he
 Our little family at the restaurant.  If you look closely you can even see Baby #2  Although in person it clearly sticks out.  You'd think I was further along than I really am.
 Walked across this street.  Had to snap a pic for Dana!
 I'll admit I was nervous when they wanted to do the boat cruise.  I get motion sick REALLY easy and being pregs makes it worst.  I made sure to get food and zofran in before we left.  I did okay for the first 60 minutes.  It was a cool cruise though.  I learned so much about the area and got to see all the different islands.
 Jaycee loved that she could walk around and look over the edges. 
 Fort Gorges.  I didn't realize there were so many forts
 One of the many Maine lighthouses. 
 "Sea Dogs" laying out
 Jaycee playing at the front of the boat

Sunday Craig and I HAD to go to church.  I was the only pres member in primary and Yes, I made Craig help me.  I owe him big time!  We relaxed for the day and enjoyed having family at our home.  We watched lots of Pawn Stars, ate a yummy Chinese dinner-Craig is a great cook ;)  and even taught them to play Catan.  Don even won!  We ended the night relaxing and packing up to leave in the morning.

Monday Jaycee, Don, Malorie and I headed down to Boston.  Craig doesn't have enough vacay time to cover being gone all week, his parents coming in town, and a new baby in December.  So he stayed up at our house until Wed night.  We drove to Don & Mal's hotel room and parked the car then took a shuttle to the subway.  We all were so confused about what train to take, how much, and where to go.  I'm sure people were looking at us we were nuts.  We got downtown and went on the freedom trail to Quincy Market to have lunch.  Then went over to the harbor.  It was so pretty.  They had a merry-go-round on the pier but I couldn't find my cash-I blame that on my preg brain too!  Then we headed towards Little Italy and of course had to go to Mike's Pastry.  It was funny because Don ordered 2 PB cookies for dessert that night.  Little did he know they were about the size of his entire hand.  They were massive!  I got an eclair and delicious as always!  They're famous for their canolis which Don got.  And Mal got a lobster tail.  I think that thing weighed 5 pounds alone!  We found a place with water fountains and let Jaycee play in them for a little bit.  Then we headed back to their hotel to go swimming.  The pool was salt water and freezing cold!  But it still was fun and Jaycee loved jumping in.  We ended the night getting lost trying to find Chili's which was supposedly .8 miles away!  Once we got there we were starving.  After dinner I dropped them off and headed to Dathan's house until Thurs morning to house sit and take care of the cat and turtle.  It took me an hour to get home because of tunnels, paying tolls, and of course traffic....at 11 at night!  I was so glad to get into bed.  It was a fun day though. 

Jaycee riding in the subway.  I can't decide whether she liked it or not
 Eating lunch at Quincy Market.  We sat under the trees in the shade and Jaycee had a blast finding the birds and sitting on a little rock.  The things that entertain her-I'm a little biased but I think she is so freakin cute here!
 Malorie and Jaycee on the harbor.  They took care of Jaycee for a few minutes while I searched for my cash and tried to remember where I put it. 
 Looking out into the harbor and to some of the buildings.
 Don hardly ever lets us take pics of him.  Mal begged for one, so here is proof that he was here with us.
 Eating our pastries and letting Jaycee play.  It was a perfect day!
* I didn't get a ton of pics of Boston since we went last year*

2 comments:

  1. How much fun to have family in! I will pay you or just take it off of the phone bill. You look great by the way. It must be all that exercising you are still doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! seeing these pics and how big and fast jaycee is growing, makes me ache to get back there for a visit. yall are wonderful tour guides, and i know one day we will make it out....hopefully. too bad the price jump in 5 min foiled our plans. but i do have my eye on them!!! Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete