Friday, June 17, 2011

VACATION!

A well needed vacay is headed our way!  Craig's brother Don and his daughter Malorie are coming in town on Thursday.  We're so excited!  We'll be hanging out in Maine until Sunday doing touristy things.  Probably take them to Bar Harbor


and of course to the beautiful Maine coast.

I'm hoping we find a good seafood restaurant too. 
Then on Monday I'm taking them down to Boston to hang out there for the day.  I'm sure we'll go to Quincy Market
or some kind of fun places to see in the big city.  The drive there alone is pretty cool.  They have tunnels all through the city.  Let's hope I don't go crazy driving in the city though. 
Then they're leaving Tues morning on a train to NY while I go to Dathan's to house sit & take care of their animals until Wed night.  Then Craig will be driving down to meet up with me and drive down to NY Thursday to spend the day in the big apple.  I'm so excited to finally see this in person. 

I always told Craig before we ever imagined moving 6 1/2 hours away from NY that I want to go there one day.  We're only staying until Friday afternoon but I'm excited to say I've been there and to see it.  Unfortunately we have a 80 pound dog that restricts us from traveling more than we can. 
Our anniversary is next week so this trip will count as part of it because I planned the next day-Saturday-to drive to Burlington, VT to spend the day there.  That's where the "Vermont teddy bear" is founded and lots of other cool things.  One of the Sister missionaries served there and said all the shops is like the Gateway but "hippy-ish"  Also a restaurant Craig loves-Buffalo Wild Wings- is up there so we'll go there for dinner.  I guess they have all sorts of wings and sauces to choose from.  So that's the plan for all day Saturday to celebrate our anniversary.  I'm so excited and can't wait for all the fun to begin.
BUT, for it to begin I have sharing time to plan, a cottage meeting at our house (it's like a fireside where everyone in the branch comes over-we're doing a cookout), a whole house to clean, and Father's Day to happen.  On top of caring for a 2 year old busy girl and making a baby.  :)  So therefore, I better get started! 

1 comment:

  1. B-Dubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) is just divine. Everywhere we have lived over the past 2 years has had one, except Utah. Bummer! My favorite is the garlic parmesean and the honey bbq. I always get the boneless wings... less messy, more meat. But ANYWAY, enough about BWW :) Sounds like you will be having fun on your vacay! Oh, and congrats on the little one!

    ReplyDelete