Saturday, July 23, 2011

Egg Festival

Well it's that time of year again for the Egg Festival.  

Last year I did enter the cheesecake contest, but compared to the winners...there's no way I could compare to their gourmet, 5 inch tall cheesecakes!  So this year I bailed on that part of the festival.  Also last year Jaycee was in the Little Chick contest, but with no family around or many people who know us to vote for her, it'd be a slim chance on winning.  So this year I bailed on that part too. 

Instead Jaycee and I spent Thurs and Fri afternoons at the pool.  Being 5 months pregs in this heat is MISERABLE!  You know it's hot when your standing in the water and still feel hot.  I didn't think being this far along in the summer would affect me, but I also didn't expect this "Maine weather"  Afterall, this isn't typical "Maine weather"...so they say!  I'm very grateful for the pool.  It's really nice, Jaycee loves it and it's free.  Looks like we'll be spending more time there the next few weeks. 

We did however walk over to the park to enjoy the festival Fri night.  They had "bracelet" night where you pay $17 to ride the rides as much as you want.  But they only had 3 things Jaycee could ride.   So we just bought a couple tickets for those rides.  She had a blast on the Merry-Go-Round, the train and the super tall, long slide.  Our friend Julie and her son Wyatt found us at the park and Jaycee and Wyatt ran off together to ride the slide.  It was adorable because they held hands (he's 7) and ran off together.  I wish I had a picture taken!  *Is there such thing as arranged marriage?*  We ended the night getting some cotton candy for the walk home and then watching Monk next to the A/C.  Sat morning was the parade and I was quite impressed with how many people came and it was actually a decent parade.  Jaycee loved it too because she got a bag full of candy...especially suckers.  She loves suckers!  Tonight they have fireworks around 9 but we have a dinner & lesson with the missionaries and an investigator so we won't be walking to the park for them, but you can see them really good outside the windows upstairs.  What a great week it's been...well except for the heat!

Jaycee has been into playing with my old barbie dolls.  The other night she begged Daddy to help her and I just had to snap a quick picture before Craig noticed.  I think he enjoyed playing barbies ;)

 Egg Festival Rides





 

1 comment:

  1. that looks sooo fun...way to enjoy what you can around you, even in the miserable heat! and yes i do LOVE that craig will play barbies. i am hoping i can catch j one day....

    ReplyDelete