Thursday, August 11, 2011

I've been thinking a lot about trials and why they seem to come and make me feel so stressed.

A couple months ago our a/c in the car went out and I was keeping my fingers crossed it was just a fuse or relay.  No such luck.  We took the car to a little back woods mechanic that we've heard good things about.  I guess he does car repairs for John Travolta.  There's some big names out here in Maine.  Anyway, 2 weeks later we finally got our car fixed.  We didn't know the total bill but could go pick it up and just write a check.  Well that same day we were going to pick up the car, I was chewing on a mentos and my crown chipped.  Oh great!  One: it stressed me out because we don't have dental ins, and two: we were saving up all our HSA $ for the baby bills coming in December.  I cried!  We got the car and wrote out a check for $550!  Ever since I've stayed home we don't really have lots of extra money so that whole bill came out of our savings.  OUCH!  I found a dentist close and couldn't get in until Aug 9.  In the meantime it was driving me nuts cuz my tooth was sharp although it didn't hurt at all.  So I went to my appt and luckily the dentist said there was no damage to the tooth and the crown still is fine and fits well.  Needless to say, it was a good visit.  He complimented my teeth and if I'd had braces...nope.  I'm not saying I have the best teeth, but out here in Maine...no one cares!  Well the dr. did a composite filling on my crown in hopes that it would work.  Later that night it came out.  HERE WE GO AGAIN! So now that $250 I just paid them just went down the drain and have to wait til they get back to me to see what we do next.

So pretty much I've felt a little stressed financially with our trials but in the midst of it we got to go to the temple and it was just what I needed.  I realized that trails are going to come all the time, and as long as we are paying our tithing and keeping positive we will always be taken care of.  A quote I like to remember:

 "Faith and doubt cannot exist in the mind at the same time.  
Cast out doubt, cultivate faith." 
President Thomas S. Monson

How can my trials feel better if I'm doubting and not putting my faith in Heavenly Father?  Things will be okay.  I have faith.  Money is wordly.  I have an amazing husband, beautiful daughter, and one growing :)  Life is good.  I just need to remember all this when these trials do come. 


1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful quote. Will they at least give you a deal on the filling since it didn't work? Seems like they should do something. I'm sorry things keep going bad. I'm here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete