Sunday, February 5, 2012

Church!

Sundays have been DREADED Sundays the past 5 weeks.  We Need Help!

So here's what's going on.....Jaycee has 3 friends in nursery Dale, Savion & Mikey (all boys)  Well on Jan 1 they all got to advance to Sunbeams since they are 3 as of that date.  So who's left is nursery is Jaycee, Sariah (barely 18 mo), Johnny (18 mo) and Squire (18 mo).  She hates it!  She also got a new teacher about 2 months ago so that doesn't help.  So the first Sunday without her friends she was curious where they were and actually did okay being in there.  About 30 minutes left in church Jaycee comes in from nursery with *K! who tells me that she was hiding under the table and though she needed to come to me.  I didn't really care until I asked Jaycee why she was under the table.  "I'm playing in my castle mom"  She was fine and having fun!  I even heard from the teacher that they play pretend castles and boats.  So therefore, Jaycee came into primary and saw......Savion, Dale & Mikey her friends.  There was no way she was going back in that room alone with the little kids.  That was week 1!

So the next week comes and it was rough trying to coax her into going to her class and she even cried a bit, but she stayed.  Again....an hour later *K! brings her in saying she was under the table again.  At this point I was frustrated that she keeps bringing Jaycee to my class knowing that Jaycee is just playing.  And again, she sees her friends and wants to stay.  I tried taking her back and again she cried so I didn't fight her.  Ugh!  I knew I prob should say something to *K about it to quit bringing her in the primary room and just to let me know instead.

Week 3-We actually missed this week because not feeling so hot and the new baby so didn't have to deal with it.

Week 4-Jaycee fought going to nursery.  We kept saying she needs to go to her class.  She ended up taking Hadi's blanket with her which calmed her down and she fell asleep I guess.  About an hour again, *K comes to tell me she's crying.  Jaycee's a really bad wake up most the time and I guess the little girl in there woke her up so she was crying hysterically.  I couldn't leave her in there and make the teacher deal with my crying kid, just so I can try to get Jaycee to stay in her class.  I brought her back with me to calm her down.

Week 5-TODAY!  UGH!!!!!!!!!!  So I go to drop her off and automatically the crying starts.  Craig decided to take Hadi and I would take Jaycee since she's usually really good with me.  Oh she cried and screamed!  We sat in the room for a good 10 minutes of her screaming and not listening to a word I said. I was losing patience and felt really bad because her screaming and crying led to the little girl crying.  I took her out and told her that she needs to stop.  Oh my gosh.  She kept screaming and crying and kept yelling for Dad.  Well Craig heard her and came to the rescue and we traded off cuz I had to go teach sharing time.  Craig ended up taking her out to the car for 15 minutes while she cried the. entire. time!  He told her she needs to stop her tantrum (yes she's VERY good at those) and stop the crying.  She lost cake for the day, going straight to bed when she gets home and couldn't take the suckers to her class (for valentines).  They came into singing time and she was calm and there was no way she would go in nursery without yelling again.  She saw Savy (her best buddy) and went and sat by him.  Oh her face lit up.  She was so quite, stayed in her chair and even attempted to sing the songs.  When it came time to separate the classes I took her and asked if she wanted to go with the sunbeams in Savy's class.  Of course she did.  And I was told after the 40 minutes that she was the best one.

So what do we do?  Do we let her go to Sunbeams with her friends and where she's learning and likes?  Or do we try to fight over this and get her to nursery kicking and screaming?  I know there's been a lot of change lately but most of all she wants to be with the kids her age.  Dale is 2 months older, Savy is 4 months older, and Mikey is almost a year older.  She loves being with them and even acts more mature then some of those kids.  I'm torn.  I want to follow the rules and make her go to nursery even though she'll scream every week.  Or part of me says, don't hold her back and let her learn.  After all she's so good in sunbeams and pays attention and wants her friends that are her age.  Ugh, I don't know.  I'm thinking maybe we pray about it.  Any suggestions?

Oh and BTW Hadley May is getting blessed next Sunday, Feb 12.  She'll be exactly one month, and just a day shy of 9 weeks.  I'll post pics of her big day.  I can't wait

2 comments:

  1. I say let her go to Sunbeams, she is very mature for her age, and I think it could do damage to her instead of make it better if she's forced to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let her go to Sunbeams for now and then when you move try putting her back into Nursery. Hopefully your new ward will have kids her age. You never want to make it harder on you or them. But I understand the struggle. When we moved into my parents ward for awhile Wyatt HATED nursery, and I hated going to church because I new that there was going to be a fight. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete