Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Things

Jaycee has quite the personality; there isn't a day that goes by that I'm amazed what she picks up and also that I'm laughing at stuff she says.  Her and I have become best buds since we're home everyday together.

On one of the shows she likes to watch it teaches her days and months with a calendar.  So this morning I showed her our calendar and counted the days until we go on the airplane.  Then I show her the day we're going to see the temple.  She was so excited probably because we talk so much about temples and she hasn't been to one that she can ever remember.  She looked up at me "We're going to the temple so I'm getting married?"  Ah, silly Jaycee...NOT YET! But hey, she's got the right idea.

Craig and Jaycee have such a good relationship.  Especially since Hadley has come into the family.  In Pittsfield, there is no garbage trucks that come around.  You take all your own garbage to the dump and recycling center.  Jaycee loves going with daddy.  She gets to sit up in the front in the truck (bench) since it's only about a mile away.  Every time she gets in she'll say, "Daddy; rock, candy, mountain song"  He has the O, Brother Where Art Thou CD and she's come to love that song as they drive to the dump.

The other day driving home from the dump Craig was telling Jaycee when they get home it's time to take a nap.  We often will say, "Jaycee, look at the clock.  You know what it says?  Time to brush teeth"  And we'll say it for different things.  So after Craig told her it was almost time to take a nap she says, "Dad (pointing to the clock in the truck) the clock says, it's not nap time; it's time to play with Haylie" 

Hadley will now sleep from about 11-6 am (which is wonderful!) so I usually feed her for about 20 minutes and then we go back to sleep until Jaycee wakes me up.  She's come to know that mommy needs 5 more minutes.  So this morning she came to wake me up and climbs in bed.  I roll over and say "Jaycee just a few more minutes k"  She patiently lays there or sleeps, I don't know what she does.  About 10 min go by and I start to get up.  Jaycee says, "Mom, stop!  You forgot to stretch"  So we both laid in my bed stretching. 

Last one: We were at the doctor on Monday for Hadi's 2 month check up.  The dr walked in and automatically Jaycee starts being really shy.  But then Jaycee realizes that she remembers her (it's her dr too) and they start talking and Jaycee tells her all about the room decorations of Earth and the planets.  The dr looked at me shocked that she knows that.  (Thank you Backyardigans and Godzilla ha ha)  So we're doing the appt and Jaycee starts freakin out and crying to take off her boots.  I told to keep them on until we get in the car.  She seemed irritated by something so I said Fine.  She takes her boots off, rips off her socks and says, "That's better, I needed to scratch my toe"  haha. 

I just love her!

Hadley is now 2 months old (9 weeks) and here are her stats:
Weight 9 lb 15 1/4 oz.  25%
Height 21 1/2 inches (I don't know how accurate they are because when she was born she was 21 and at her 2 week visit she was 21 3/4 inches...I don't know how a baby can shrink)  20%
Head 15 cm  25%

Hadi is looking great and very proportionate.  Her and Jaycee are just about the same height and weight at this age.  Although I think Hadley is a little taller than they say.  She's officially out of her newborn clothes and wears 0-3 months.  She sleeps most night of 7-8 hours and sleeps in her swing like Jaycee did.  She eats every 3-4 hours during the day.  And mostly she loves to smile and coo.  We just love her so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment