Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hadley May!

Hadi is now 3 months as of the 12th of March.  She's getting so big way too fast.  We just love having her in our family and sometimes hardly even know she's around because she's such a quite, good baby. 

She is on a GREAT sleeping system:  Usually when we go to bed I feed her to "top her off" or for her feeding.  That's usually around 1030-11 ish.  Most mornings she wakes up around 8.  I seriously luck out with my kids!  She's still sleeping in the swing, which actually broke so it just plays the music and toys but she still is in the swaddled position.  I have noticed lately she gets a little frustrated and wants to sprawl out.  I'm thinking when we move to transition her to her crib.  She's such a good sleeper though.  She doesn't make a peep.

Nursing is still going fabulous.  She's a pro now.  She's going about every 3 1/2 - 4 hours.  It's been so nice to get some extra time to do things.  Also her feeding usually only last about 25 minutes.  It's really cute because sometimes she'll be eating and get distracted and let go and start smiling.  It's true what they say about bonding with your babies.  I love that time I get with just her and I.  I still plan on nursing until she turns 1 but we'll see what happens when she gets teeth.  Next month we get to start introducing rice (I think) and at 6 months we'll introduce the sippy cup.

Hadi loved to babble and makes lot of noises and spits a lot.  It's so cute.  Also she has officially found her hands and LOVES her thumb!  It's so stinkin cute!  I vowed to not let her be a finger sucker but she just loves it.  I try to take it out and put the binkie in but then it lasts just a few minutes before it comes out and she finds her thumb again.  She also loves blankets.  She likes to have it in her hands to cuddle to fall asleep.  She's really into playing with toys and grabbing at them then bringing them to her mouth.  Also she has learned to roll onto her side.  I'm hoping she can learn the full roll pretty soon, although I don't remember what's normal.

Hadley is such a happy baby.  She loves to smile!  We've tried and tried to get her to laugh but no such luck.  Just lots of smiles and happy grunts like she's ready to bust out laughing.  She's outgrown all newborn clothes and actually most her 0-3 month clothes.  She's def growing fast.  Some 3-6 month clothes are a little big but they work pretty well.  I'm excited for the warm weather because I LOVE rompers.  So cute!  Jaycee still loves her sissy and is protective and wants to make her happy too.  She loves holding Hadi at least once a day and loves to shares things with her.  My favorite is when Jaycee tells me that "they're going to be best friends."  I feel so lucky she transitioned so well to a little sister and shows so much love to her.  We love our girls so much!

1 comment:

  1. Aww tender. I just loved this post. It's so much fun to hear how much she's progressing. I cannot believe she's already 3 months old. I swear it's just yesterday counting down and guessing which day she'd arrive.
    And I love hearing how much Jaycee loves her. Sisters truly are a special gift from heaven. I can't get enough of my own girls playing everyday together. They can't get enough play time. Imagination is a wonderful thing. You'll love it when they're a bit older and follow eachother around. Thanks for sharing such precious stories of your sweet girls. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete