Friday, March 9, 2012

Step One of owning our new home---OFFER ACCEPTED!!!

We found out last night around 11pm (8pm WA time) that our offer had been accepted except for 3 details nothing to do with the cost of our home.  We were so so happy!  It took them a while because the owners of the house are going through a divorce so both had to be contacted and signed the paper.  I feel bad because it sucks to be in their situation but it worked out to our advantage.  In fact, with them paying all 3% of closing costs and realtor fees to both sides, they still have to come in with $3k to pay off the loan.  We are getting a great deal and hopefully can gain some equity with owning it over the years.  The people want to get out as soon as they can, but we have to wait on a few things.  First, the inspection.  It'll be done around March 12-14.  Assuming it is fine then the appraisal will be done next.  Then after that's taken care of it'll take 3 weeks for the USDA loan to come through and then another 3 weeks to finalize.  So we're shooting for a closing date of April 30.  We'll probably close from Maine or on the road since we'll be drive across country again---thanks to our mean dog who can't fly.  Oh and we also have to call the moving company to set a date to come pack up the stuff and ship it out.  (I'm so grateful about that!)  Oh and in the offer & counter offer we got the owner to leave the shed in the back, the fridge, the nice white wood blinds throughout the house and their security system.  Man, this house in the end is better than that Ridgefield house because it had nothing and we're paying less for it.  So So Exciting!  I can't wait to take pictures and to move in with my paint brush in hand and to decorate it.  If any one knows of good websites for ideas, I'd love them.  Jaycee wants her room pink and Hadi's bedding is pink & brown so that's what their room will be.
All-in-all I just feel so much gratitude in my heart.  I feel like we must be doing something right because the Lord continues to bless our family.  This is a very big move again and I feel like he guided us to this house and with keeping him involved he truly is helping us.  I really feel that!  Financially moving is expensive, but I feel the Lord's hand helping us out.  This is another thing in our life that I can see him watching over us and giving us those good & calming feelings that everything will be okay.  I just feel so grateful!!!!

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!!!! I am so excited for you to be sooo close to our family. I have been so bad at posting on blogs, but I appreciate you keeping in contact with me thru texting and calling. I know I can talk way too much, but I really loved being able to catch up with EVERYTHING that has gone on. And it was really exciting for me to talk about house details with yall. I hope our plan to come in June works out so we can come see your house in person...though the pics showed off a very beautiful place. Love you guys so much and I'm so happy things are working out so well for yall. You truly deserve it for keeping your faith in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete