Friday, March 16, 2012

House update

Well things are moving along! 

The inspections got finished on Monday and Tuesday we got the full report of the findings.  There were just minor things like:
1. Moss on the roof.  Washington is a very wet state so moss grows a lot.  We need to just get up on the roof and brush it off and apply some kind of treatment for the shingles within the next year.
2. There were a few pieces of wood down in the crawl space that needs to be cleaned up.  (weird to be on a report right?)
3. There was a few pieces of siding that got a little bit of heat to them so it looks a little warped I guess you could say.  It was only a few pieces at the very top of the house so it's not even visible.
4. The HVAC was really dirty and suggested that we get it serviced within the next year.

Everything else was just little things like a chip in the sink.  A lightbulb out.  I mean this report was FULLY detailed.  But I liked it because it gave us exactly the information we needed: It is a great built home and very good shape.  Even in the crawl space it wasn't moist like most homes are out there.  Go us!  We talked with our realtor and he suggested in the inspection paper we have them provide papers saying the HVAC has been serviced within the last two years.  They said they think it has, but couldn't provide proof so they actually had it all serviced yesterday.  I was glad we wrote that in to have them do.  All-in-all I was glad we spent the money to get it done and will never buy a home again without doing that.  Money well spent.  Our agent called last night to say the appraisal has been ordered but they take their dear, sweet time.  Usually it takes AT LEAST a week for them to get out to the house, get the info and do the findings.  But I guess that's one more week of saving up for the big move.  Also the loan guy is getting all papers needed to get our loan sent off to USDA and ready to go.  We haven't locked in an interest rate because we're still 30 days out but right now they are estimated at 3.75 and our loan guy said it will most likely be lower than that.  That's pure insanty right?!!!!  Our first home we bought we thought we were getting a steal at 6% then refi to 5%!  Seriously, I am so glad we ended up making the decision to buy.  It's a perfect time for us. 

Yesterday I needed to get out of the house and I had 2 gift cards burning a whole in my wallet.  I got some great deals!  I found a cool vase at Michaels that was clearanced from $40 to I thought $15 until it rang up for $11!  I'm planning on putting those sticks/wood/flowers in it.  Heres a pic of an example:
Also at Target I used my other g/c from my birthday (thank you Phyllis & Larry) to buy 3 canvas painted pictures to hang above our bed.  I can't find a pic to show but it's basically 3   12x12 striped painted canvas with different colors.  They'll hang above our bed; which btw Craig bought us a sleigh bed!  Thank you Jodi for the inspiration!  We've wanted a headboard/footboard for a long time and finally got one.  I can't wait!  I'll have to post pics in our home in the coming weeks.  We're really excited to decorate and make the home ours.  If only we had tons of money for it all; but then again, it's more fun to stage it out and have lots of projects.  We're so so excited.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! All great choices I gotta say. You def have some good taste. I had bought sticks a few years ago and I just love having them for decor. Who would have thought...sticks? I can't wait to see some finished product when your house is all decorated. Its really so much fun when you have a blank canvas in a new home!

    ReplyDelete