Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day of Thanks

This season of Thanksgiving was VERY busy and I think I purposely made it that way so I wouldn't have to think of not being with family on the actual day of Thanksgiving.  I wanted SO badly to go to Utah but the $ to get there wasn't possible (dang washer & dryer had to get paid off this month)  This was our first "official" year without family and I was really bummed about it.  But I'll tell you what....I have an amazing husband and an amazing family!  It was probably my favorite one yet.

It started with the night before getting a newspaper and looking at ads.  haha.  The next morning on Thanksgiving day we all watched the Lions as a family.  It was so fun to chant "Lions, Lions, Lions"  Jaycee thought that was funny.  And it was such a good game.  During the game Jaycee and I spent seriously 2 hours cutting newspaper pictures and gluing and looking at more things on my computer.  It was so fun.  She has quite a long list but we told her that Santa has to bring things to all the girls & boys so she said..."Okay, only 5.  I want a Dream Lite, MagnaDots, 4 wheeler, paint thing and playdough cake thing"  It's pretty funny to see her so excited for Christmas.  She is learning too that Christmas isn't all about getting gifts but giving them too.  So we made a list for Hadi too and Jaycee helped to pick out toys that she would like.  It was fun.  Then we all got showered and ready for the day.  Then it was time to cook.  I'm the best wife to cook everything homemade but I think it turned out good.  We got a turkey breast, rhodes rolls, sweet potatoes, mashed & gravy, corn, cranberries-jellied, stove top stuffing and last with coconut & apple pie.  It was soooo good and so grateful for all the left overs.  Mmmmm.....   After dinner we were so full but had a blast just hanging out together as a family.  I did skype with my family for just a little bit.  And then Aimes and I talked forever on the phone.  She's so cute.  Then everyone but me crashed pretty early.  It was such a great day and Craig is just....well amazing.  He was so worried about my feelings and tried to make the day a relaxing and stress free day knowing I was already sad about not being with family.  He's the best!

Friday morning Craig was a champ to go shopping with me.  Most thing were things we probably didn't "need" but who can pass a good deal?.....an Allen can't!!!  We left at 9am with both girls and ready to shop.  I was soooo tired.  I didn't go to bed until 4 so it was def a caffeine day.  We started at Fred Meyer for breakfast & Jaycee's oh-so-wanted Unicorn Dream Lite.  I have issues spending that much for such a silly thing but we felt like it was the one thing she was consistent on wanting.  I can't wait to see her face.  Then we went to Walmart for Pjs, MOVIES, Jaycee's paint thing, found Jaycee a dress for $3!, Wii Draw (santa brings the family a game every year) and then my favorite....Jaycee picked out Hadi a Christmas present.  It was so fun to see her think about what to get her.  She only had about $8 to spend from her "allowance" so she picked out this cute toy for the bath.  And I'm sure Jaycee will show her how to play with it LOL   Then we were off to Kohls.  They sent a FREE $10 so who could resist.  Only I went in and tried to be quick.  I grabbed Craig's some work socks and went to find the line at the end of the store!  It was about 12:10 and we all had the coupon for 1:00 pm expired.  So we all were doing the same thing.  While waiting in line I called Craig to tell him I would be prob 20 min and he asked if it was worth it...heck ya!  While waiting and walking I found a cute purple robe someone had put aside and snatched it up.  Jaycee has been asking for one and thought what the heck.  I was shocked it all cost only $20!  Go Kohls!  Then we were off to Target for more movies, wash cloths, flashlight (stocking stuff) and Hadi some lotion for her stocking.  Last was our final stop at Fred Meyer again to get Cinderella & Brave.  Everyone else were either out or not on sale.  We got them both for $24.  I had a coupon from DMR.  THEN....Old Navy had amazing deals on clothes so we stocked up online and my neighbor had an amazing coupon on her clothes so I got skirts for our pictures coming up.  With everything we spend about $300 but man we got soooo much.  I love shopping and Craig was a good sport.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! how amazing a holiday yall had. Even though you couldn't be here, I'm so glad yall could have a such a good one. And great deals...you're right. us Allen's just cant get enough of a good deal. Happy yall had such a good time. The pics were good!

    ReplyDelete