Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November has come

Day 10- I'm very thankful for technology.  Since moving away I have depended so much on phones, text messaging, computers and skype to keep in touch with family.  I would feel so far away if it weren't for this!  We got to Skype on Sunday with Gma&Gpa and they got to watch Hadi take a few steps as she is learning to walk.  Also Jaycee got to see Mitsy and tell them all about what she wants for Christmas.  It was good to see them.

Day 11- I'm grateful for medicine.  I really don't use much of it but when heartburn comes I grab my Tums.  Or for those days that I have a pounding headache.  And let's not forget child birth!  Ouchie!  Or how about the shots for my girls so they are healthy.  I'm thankful we have modern medicine.

Day 12-I'm grateful for trials.  I know this sounds weird but when I have trials whether big or small, they open up my eyes to look for the good and positive.  Also through my trials I become a stronger person. 

Day 13 - I'm grateful for music.  I can not function without music.  Pandora is probably the most used app on my phone.  I have music on ALL the time!  I love all the varieties too.  I can go to church or put hymns and feel the spirit.  I can put some funky music on to dance with the girls and everyone laughs.  I can put some tunes to sing to.  I just love it all!

Day 14 - I'm thankful for rain.  I live in Washington and it rains A LOT.  And you know, it doesn't bug me one bit.  I can still do everything in the rain.  It makes it so beautiful here and almost always there's a rainbow somewhere after rain.  I love the smell, the sound and how fresh it makes everything.

Day 15- I'm thankful for missionary work.  I hate doing it because it scares me and it's hard to open up but I love the feeling of sharing the gospel.  I love to hear of how missionary work has brought so many to the gospel.  I love having the missionaries over for dinner and to visit and feel of their spirit as they are called to be a mouth piece for the Lord. 

Day 16- I'm grateful for my animals.  Izzy can really drive me nuts with being so big, hairy and mean but since we've moved here my heart for her has softened.  She really loves the girls and especially loves Milly (minus when she is getting bit at)  She makes me feel safe in our home.  I especially love my little Milly-moo.  She is the best dog EVER and really adds a great addition to our family.  She seriously is like a little baby and loves getting treated like one.  I would be so sad without her in our family.

Day 17- I'm grateful for caffeine.  I know this sounds bad but I am.  I have my days that I just need it.  That's all.

Day 18- I'm thankful for good books.  WHEN I have time I do love reading.  I loved The Hunger Games and of course the twilight series and a good Nicholas Sparks book.  But I especially right now love The Book of Mormon and for the things we are learning.  3rd Nephi is my favorite and is so empowering to read about Christ visiting and how powerful that our Savior prayed in our behalf.  Reading it brings me closer and to more understand the whole plan of salvation.

Day 19- I'm grateful for holidays.  I love any reason to celebrate.  I'm usually a huge Halloween fan but now that the girls are getting bigger Christmas is just so exciting.  I can't wait!  Thanksgiving is going to be hard this year without family but I'm still grateful to celebrate our blessings and eat yummy food.

Day 20- I'm thankful for my outlook on life.  I try really hard to look for the good in life.  There are times of course, but I just hate negative feelings and attitudes.  There's so much good to every situation that I try to look for.  I really hope to help my family and children to look for the good in things and to be positive and find the good. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for always doing this fun tradition. Its always nice to hear others positive things in life that help us to clarify our own. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete