Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy, Happy Halloween

I can't believe how fast October FLEW by!  We did get to do some fun Halloween activities and loved having visitors at this time of year.  We were a little late with carving pumpkins that most stores were sold out.  We did manage to get one giant one so we figured that'd be good enough.  Craig and Jaycee loved working together to do a silly face.
 

On Halloween it was kinda a crazy day with cleaning and getting things done for the week.  We did spend the afternoon trick-or-treating Main Street here in Battle Ground.  Wow there were so many people!  All the shops hand out candy.  We were just going to go to a new cafe cuz they were doing activities but ended up walking around.  Here is Hadi all ready to go.  She didn't like that headband too much.
 At the cafe they did a cake walk and Jaycee won!  I was shocked. 
 Eating her prize.  She's such a nice sister too because she gave half of it to her sissy.
 After visiting with friends and neighbors on Main Street we went back home to meet Craig and do our own trick-or-treating.  We decided to boycott the ward trunk-or-treat and do the traditional.  We liked it way better.  I have the cutest little kitties in the whole wide world!  When Jaycee saw that Hadi was being a kitty, that's what she wanted to be.  Then she wanted a mask and not ears so that's what we did.  I think it turned out perfect.  Funny they chose to be cats when we have 2 dogs at home.   ha ha
 Me and my girls. 
 Jaycee was so funny!  She would walk up; knock; take candy; then run away yelling Trick or Treat.  We had to yell back thank you to nearly everyone.  Finally at the end she caught on. 

 Ah, that is just tender.  She was so excited when Craig got home.  She was missing him today more than normal for some reason.  This sums up the night with Jaycee and Dad
 Walking through the neighborhood.  It was PERFECT weather!  Just a slight mist and not cold at all.  I'm really loving this weather here.
 Being silly.  I love Halloween!
 After 2 blocks Jaycee decided she was done for.  We went home and opened the door and Craig handed out while I made our traditional mummy hot dog dinner.  We also had tator tots (craig and I had sweet pot fries) and  an orange jello.  Yummers!
 Jaycee scoping out all her goods.  She got a good mix of candy.  Hadi tried hard to get some too
 I had Jaycee pick out a bag full that she can keep and then the rest will be left out for the Switch Witch.  Here's her bag she stuffed.
 Here is proof that I did throw away candy---that was hard for me.  Not that I wanted to eat it but felt bad for wasting.
 The bag on the right is the candy going to Craig's work.  I figured that's better than throwing it away.  Then the bag on the left will be a secret stash for when we are needing a sugar.  We've been doing really good lately at not eating much sugar so this will come in handy on those nights we just need a little something.
 The Switch Witch came and left a fun game  Let's Go Fishing!  Jaycee requested glitter glue but she didn't get around to it this week :)  I'm sure she'll love this instead.  
I'm loving this idea and think it's wonderful to teach Jaycee that she doesn't need all that candy to make her happy!  I can't wait to see what she does in the morning. 

Happy Halloween Everyone!  I hope it turned out fantastic for you all!  



3 comments:

  1. I want to find something to do with this candy. Wyatt won't eat much, it's me I'm worried about. I need to get that game. Wyatt wants it and do does Alex. I live the pic of Hadi and jaycee. Hadi looks so happy. Sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to find something to do with this candy. Wyatt won't eat much, it's me I'm worried about. I need to get that game. Wyatt wants it and do does Alex. I live the pic of Hadi and jaycee. Hadi looks so happy. Sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at all your CUTE pictures & hearing your family traditions. The Switch Witch is such a great idea. :) Your girls were soooo cute! So happy you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete