Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DAY THREE---SOUTH BEND, INDIANA



Chicago White Sox field


Soldier Stadium...GO BEARS! JUSTIN AND I KNOW WHO TO ROOT FOR!


Da Bears stadium


GO BEARS!


Lake Michigan-Chicago is right on the edge by the lake


TOLL ROADS INTO CHICAGO $6.00, GETTING LOST IN CHICAGO AND GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION-ONE HOUR, PAYING FOR PARKING IN THE CITY-$12, BUYING A SMOOTHIE AT THE GROCERY STORE TO GET THE DISCOUNT OF PARKING TO ONLY 12 INSTEAD OF 20-$3.49, EATING DEEP DISH PIZZA IN THE HEART OF CHICAGO WITH MY FAMILY----PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE RESTAURANT WE ATE AT IN CHICAGO. CHICAGO STYLE STUFFED DEEP DISH PIZZA! I found the address online. We typed it into our GPS and it led us in the heart of Chicago! Craig hated it cuz there were people everywhere. I loved it!


Jaycee loved the pizza! Open up :O


That's just a small pizza! It was so yummy mouthgasmic!


Hi Jaycee :)


We were so hungry, and had to wait 35 minutes for the pizza to cook. Jaycee didn't like that idea

CHICAGO!

CHICAGO

CHICAGO

WRIGLEY FIELD--CUBS PLAY HERE!

ENTERING THE SMOG AND PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!!! WHAT WERE WE THINKING!



Chicago, IL LDS Temple. I googled it last night to type in the address in our GPS software. What a nightmare to finding it!!! Craig took off a wrong turn and I am not the best navigator, but at least we found it.


Chicago temple


Front of the temple


On our way to Chicago. I was eating a blow pop. Yummy. We skipped lunch so we could have a good early dinner. Oh man---


Jaycee fell asleep in the truck this morning. It's a good thing cuz she was so onory! Grandma Parker-she loves your bear you gave her. She gets happy and laughs when she sees it



SO I COULDN'T GET WELCOME SIGNS BECAUSE THEY ALL WERE ON THE FREEWAY ABOVE MY HEAD AND HARD TO GET. SO HERE ARE MY OWN

"WELCOME TO ILLINOIS" "WELCOME TO INDIANA" I missed the Illinois one because the road was closed and we had to detour to a different road. I was so busy looking at the Mississippi River that I missed the sign. The Mississippi River runs right in between Iowa and Illinois. I missed the Indiana sign cuz I was busy texting my sistas on the phone. Ooops. Hopefully I'll get Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York tomorrow. I hope all the pics were fun to see. Everything is going smooth, well except for minor incidences of getting lost. Jaycee has been so good. She did have a moment today that I think she was hungry mixed with restless. She's been playing with toys, laughing, singing, and watching movies...oh and of course sleeping. Izzy spends half the day in her kennel in the bed of the truck, then we bring her in to the cab for the other half. She does so good in the cab with all of us. I think the Dramamine helps too. Jaycee laughs a lot at her and yells at her too...well tries. Only thing bad with Izzy in the truck is her dog hair everywhere! Owell. Craig has been pretty happy. He let me sleep today for an hour, but I keep offering to drive and he says, "I'm fine" He's a good daddy and hubby! We are having a fun time, and glad we're making good time and going accordingly. We called about the rental house in Maine and we are meeting with the landlord on Friday to walk through. She seems pretty good so far. I think this will prob be the one we rent for the first year. We'll see though. Well gotta brush my teethes and finish watching the Laker game...i hate the lakers! na night for now! Love you all! You're in our prayers. We miss everyone!

Craig-Manda-Jaycee-Izzy

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I can't believe how deep that pizza is!!! You guys are making good time! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete