Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DAY TWO---DES MOINES, IOWA



In Iowa we went swimming after dinner. Jaycee loved the water! We got back to our room and took a shower....then she crashed!!! What a day! Craig fell right asleep too, but I ended up staying up to watch the Jazz beat the Thuggets!!! GO JAZZ! Thanks to all my sisters and Heather for texting me to keep me awake! :)


Our hotel is Des Moines, Iowa...Sleep Inn. It was really nice



Jaycee at the restaurant The Shed Machine. It was next to our hotel so we ended up just walking over for dinner. It reminded me of a cracker barrell but better! In Iowa they are famous for their cattle and pork. So I ordered a ribeye steak, Craig got a Pork Tenderloin, and Jaycee had mac & cheese! We were so full afterward! That's why we decided to go swimming to work off our dinner!


Jaycee having fun in the car. I had to lean to the back seat to get this pic.



The Missouri River. I was so busy taking this picture that I missed the "WELCOME TO IOWA" sign. This is a good welcome sign. The Missouri River goes right between Nebraska and Iowa. I was really bumbed I didn't get it. The sign was on the freeway above our heads.


NEBRASKA---home of cattle everywhere and a whole lot of NOTHING!!!


Jaycee's turn to drive!


This is what I think of Nebraska! BORING!



No comments:

Post a Comment