Sunday, May 16, 2010

And so it begins....

We love Sundays!

Last night we watched "The Fourth Kind" Craig hated it, and it freaked me out. It got over about midnight, and I, Amanda, have an imagination and was scared to sleep. I'm always scared of the dark as it is. So we stayed up last night until 2 cuz Craig being a trooper watched "Yes Man" with me so I wasn't scared anymore. I kept asking him if he wanted to go to bed, and he said....This movie is so funny! Good purchase Aimee and Kyle...and Thank you!
Well we were feeling the effects of a late night this morning! At 8:00 I was not ready for waking up. But we had to be on time to church cuz our name was being called for our membership! So we leave our house at 945 and got to church right on time! It takes about 10 minutes to drive to church. As we walked in the door right before the meeting was to begin Brother Lowe pulled me aside for an interview. Here comes my calling! When he asked I was expecting Primary Pianist since I had been helping the Primary the past 3 weeks. I turned to Craig and said...it's not what you think. We got our membership read in and the next was my new calling. RELIEF SOCIETY INSTRUCTOR! Now I'll admit, this is gonna be a challenge for me. But I've been in Primary for 7 years and I'm excited to learn! I will be teaching on the 3rd Sunday every month. Wish me Luck! After church was over I got set apart. Craig's calling is soon to come! That's what Brother Lowe said :)
As I was sitting in Relief Society the Sister Missionaries told us they were on a Car Fast! I guess it's the mission president's way of discipline. I think at least. So they are going to be calling around for rides this week. On Tuesday morning at 845 in Manchester, NH is transfer meeting! And yes,....they need a ride. No one even showed interest in helping out so I volunteered. That means if they are getting transferred, I have to wake up at 5 to go get them in Newport then drive 3 hours to their meeting! I think it'll be fun. We'll receive blessings in return! They'll be calling me tomorrow if they need a ride. But I did find out on the way home they stop in Portland @ Costa Vida and they buy lunch for all the missionaries and their rides! Yay for free lunch!
We ended the rest of our day with naps, and then made cookies to take to our new friends who live so close...The Lowe family! They are Awesome! We have a lot in common with them. We ended up talking for a good hour while the kiddies played with Izzy. They even gave us some chives that grow in their yard! Crazy! We're already planning tomorrow is a play date at the park and gonna do a BBQ soon! On our way home we took a pan back to our neighbor Jackie who made us "Maine comfort food" and found out she will be gone Mon-Thur for a Bx on her lung. We hope everything goes okay and she'll be in our prayers!

We just love Sundays!

2 comments:

  1. If you end up driving to NH on Tuesday we should get together. I am only 20 to 30 mins away from Manchester. Email me amandajohnson326@gmail.com it would be fun to see you and your little Jaycee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just like you with scary movies...that's why I can't even watch them! Congrats on your new calling too! You'll be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete