Saturday, May 15, 2010

SATURDAYS=PLAY DAY!

The reason why I love doing the house cleaning in the week is so when Craig is off on Saturday we can take advantage of the day!
We woke up to go jogging...we both made goals to lose weight by December when we come to Utah. I have only 10 baby pounds to go!!! Bob & Jillian have been working my butt off! Well when we went to jog it was pouring rain and couldn't go. We'll make it up on Monday!
For Mother's Day Craig bought me Mario Brothers Wii! I'm addicted. The thing is not only do I love to beat the board, but I'm obsessed with getting all the gold coins. If you've played the game you know what I'm talking about. Craig and I worked on finding gold coins for seriously 2 hours!
In our little town of Pittsfield a main highlight is the library. Kleinschmidt donated $ and time for employees for an addition and upgrade on it. Today was the reopening ribbon cutting ceremony and Kleinschmidt employees were invited. We went there and walked around. I loved it. Such a cool, old, historical building. They have an awesome kiddie area! I can't wait to take Jaycee there. While we were there, a guy was outside (Big Bill) getting something off the sidewalk. We walked outside to look at what it was and there was a dead bat. Creepy! Gross!
Across the street was a little "restaurant on wheels" called Phoenix Cafe. We were curious about the food cuz a lot of people are there usually. We ended up eating lunch and ordered chimichangas for only $4.50. Pretty cheap! And yummy. While eating we were people watching and noticed: a lot of young Asians(MCI)---which is a really good school here---, people walking or riding bikes around town---it's almost rare to drive a car, and we noticed how beautiful this town is! We love it here!
At Craig's work he had a site visit to the Kennebec River in Skowhegan with Steve Reul. Steve had told Craig about a really nice lake not far away that people swim and fish at. So today we decided to go visit it. It took about 20 minutes to breath-taking views. It's a little early for the season so not many people were there. We bug-sprayed up and headed down to the water (It's black fly season right now and boy do they bite!) The sand at the lake is brought in from the ocean. So there is grass area, cabins, tennis courts, fishing--it is a lake...duh, and swimming area. I got in the water up to my knees. It was cold. we let Izzy in the water to play and fetch sticks. She loves that. After getting swarmed by bugs, we decided it was time to leave. Below are pics!....
We ended our Saturday with homemade sub sandwiches (we don't eat out very often anymore), getting tickets online for the Portland Seadogs game (Yay mom, dad, and maybe Dathan & Kel are going too), playing a bit of Mario Bro. (Craig did while I do this blog), and now watching a scary movie from Netflix. I love Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment