Wednesday, September 29, 2010

DLP

We're having issues with our TV. After spending $1000 on a TV you'd expect it to give you much happiness and lots to watch on it. About 2 months ago our lamp (bulb) burnt out---super! We knew it'd happen eventually but kinda weird after 2 years. So we found a bulb online from QUICKSHIPWAY.com. DON'T EVER GO THROUGH THEM! It was $84 + shipping so we thought we got a killer deal. Wrong! Craig installed the bulb...worked perfect...then 2 weeks later---burnt out again! It's been a long 2 months and with trying to contact the company and get a new bulb since it's under warranty. Craig even filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Well we finally heard back from the company and they reimbursed us our money back but only the $84 so we got screwed out of shipping. So we've been watching everything on our 19 inch TV sitting nicely next to our 50 inch TV. We found another bulb online through Samsung for $120 + shipping. We've been holding out because we've been spending any extra money on birthday presents and christmas. I'll tell ya...football isn't the same! I told Craig to go ahead and buy the new bulb today. We're sick of waiting, or maybe just sick of watching TV on a small 19 inch squished into the corner of our living room. I can't wait. So after this experience I don't think I'll ever buy another DLP TV although the picture is great. Buying a replacement lamp is a joke!



We all 3 squish in front of that TV to watch shows. Get's pretty bad when Izzy decides she wants to come sit by us too.

1 comment:

  1. That makes me so sad. I can't believe you are having that many problems with it! We haven't had many issues with our DLP. But then again we don't watch stuff on it nearly as much as the other T.V.s in the house. We did have it serviced and I they replaced something but I don't know what. But I know Kyle wants LCD from now on.

    ReplyDelete