Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sorry I may ramble...

I can't believe how fast time flies! These weeks, let alone days, just fly by! We had quite a fun weekend and thought I'd share some pics and stuff.

Labor Day weekend to me reminds me of 2 things: Park City and 4 wheeling! Now that we aren't in Utah with family to do those 2 things, we decided that maybe it's time to start a new tradition. I'm all about starting traditions for my family to look back on. We were going to go camping for the whole weekend, but didn't go because 1-procrastinated getting a spot and was a lot of $ per night and 2-HURRICANE EARL decided to come RAIN on our weekend! Friday we got coupons in the mail for Subway, and since it's healthy and close to home off we went. We then just hung out at home...Craig had to get his Fantasy Football set up and I worked on my lesson for Sunday. It was midnight and we had started a movie and the power went out! Many probably wouldn't care because they would just go to sleep. NOT ME! I wasn't tired! I went and watched Eagle Eye then had a fun conversation on Facebook until 4 in the morning....yes 4:00 AM!!! I was laughing and it was good to talk to Dalynne. We are so much alike it's crazyness.
Saturday we planned on going to the Harmony Fair and play the day by ear. Let's just say the fair was as redneck as it comes! Craig and I felt so out-of-place but hey, Jaycee got to see farm animals. We only stayed for 30 minutes. On the way back we decided to roam Wal-Mart. Kyle is the king of Wal-Mart roaming. Bad thing is, you find so many things to buy! We did get some christmas gifts, groceries, baby shower gifts, and other things I don't quite remember. We decided on the way home to swing by Subway again for dinner...gotta use those coupons. Can't beat $7 for subs to feed a family of 3!
Sunday was a typical Sunday. Not many people at church because of the holiday, and only had 1 young woman to teach my lesson to. As we were leaving we found out the missionaries' dinner plans has canceled as well as someone to go with them for their lesson that night. I quickly forced them to come eat with us and we'd go teach with them. Can't let them go without a good dinner! We went and taught 3 Guatamalian guys. They don't speak English very well so Craig translated the best he could with his Portuguese to Spanish. It was fun to meet these guys and what DRIVE they have for the gospel. It's just too bad we can't communicate better. They work on Sundays during church hours but are so eager to go to church. So next Sunday night they're having another lesson at the church house. What an example! They also gave Jaycee a little necklace to play with and keep. She hasn't let it leave her side. LOVE IT!
Monday was Labor Day and Craig had got sick the night before when we got home. We had a chill morning and slept it, but still wanted to go and play. We made a yummy breakfast and headed to Greenville (Moosehead Lake) to play. We ended up renting a canoe for the day and brought along our fishing gear. Jaycee did SO good in the canoe. She wanted to play in the water so I let her put her hands out as we rowed. She's really into singing songs so we sang songs & made up a song...Row, Row, Row your canoe, gently in the lake; Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, isn't Maine great! I know, it's cheesy---the things we do to make our kids happy :) We canoed to a beach area, had lunch, and fished. We didn't catch anything, but sure was fun spin casting. Now I'm itching to go fishing. I'm sure Craig loves that! On our way home we were thinking of what to do for dinner, and decided to drive even further to go to Texas Roadhouse. They have the best rolls, salad & onion blossom! It was super tasty. I found out recently that there is a Target in Bangor so we had to stop on the way home to Clearance shop. I love finding a good deal. We got 4 shirts, 2 pair of shorts, 1 capri, a sweat shirt, and sweat pants for Jaycee all for $22.
So pretty much it was a great weekend again. I have the best husband and best friend ever! I question how I got so lucky to snag him up! :) Life is great and wouldn't want it any other way!
























3 comments:

  1. Hey there, I just wanted to say that I totally enjoy reading your blog. It makes me happy when I can feel like I am there even when I'm not. And your activities always look fun...I look forward to doing them when I come out. I think the place you found was so pretty and also...I cannot believe how much Jaycee and Ry really do look alike minus the hair. I am glad we have such adorable little girls. I understand about made up songs. It keeps the kids interested and I don't mind being cheesy. Thanks also for keeping up to date with us. Its fun sharing our experiences with you. But now that I'm not preggers this summer I really missed doing those fun outdoorsy things with yall this year. Yall look totally happy and I am glad you make the best of where you are. Though I count down the days till you're much closer for me to drive up for the weekend. Love yall very much. Give Jaycee hugs and kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. this is for Craig...even though you may think I am weird. But you look totally awesome in those skinny pants. Not that you were fat before, but wow! You can tell your diet has been working for you. And of course Mandee too, but I wanted to tell Craig personally....You look Great! Maine is absolutely stunning, it looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny Dalynne. I love that we love to keep in touch and make each other happy :) When you guys come out we'll make sure to do some fun things!

    ReplyDelete