Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Change

April 23rd will mark one year in Maine.  I can't believe how fast time flies!  And within that 1 whole year I've had 4 callings all of which have been called and accepted.  I was called to Relief Society instructor right when we moved here.  That was very intimidating for me, but I did the best I could with my calling.  Then, 3 months later I got called to the YW 2nd counselor.  I was so excited.  In November, Craig and I got called to be branch missionaries.  He's the branch clerk and I was still in YW.  Doing both callings was really stressing me out and taking so much time out of being with my family.  A couple months ago I was really struggling with trying to give 100% to both callings and still being a good wife and mom.  I said a lot of prayers for help and things got a little better.  Well last Sunday I got sustained and set apart to Primary 2nd Counselor and I am so happy!  I really feel it's an answer to my prayers and have felt less stressed with this new calling.  I'm excited to be serving with 2 of my friends from the Branch and for teaching the gospel to all 26+ children.  (That's pretty amazing for a branch!)  Craig and I are still serving as Branch missionaries which has been very rewarding. 
So here's to change and putting a smile back on my face!

1 comment: