Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanks All Month Long!

I'm a little behind and want to post my thanks...

#1-My number one thanks is to my hubby & best fried Craig!  

I could write a whole book on how grateful I am for Craig in my life.  I grow more in love with him EVERY DAY and I'll always look up to him!  He always knows how to make me smile and gives the best hugs ever.  He's been there for me through so many good times and many hard times too.  I think that's what makes us grow closer together.  I'm grateful for all he does to support our family, for the love he give to our whole family, for his testimony of the gospel that helps strengthen mine, for his incredible good looks :) , for him being my ultimate best friend, for his compassion, and mostly for choosing me to marry him!  I feel so lucky to have him for all eternity!

#2-I'm thankful for my mom!

My Mom is my the one person I hope to grow up to be just like her!  I know I'll never come close to all she's done.  She's a remarkable woman for sure!  My sis nailed it on the head with her thanks to my mom.  She cares about all her children and has shown that from the time we were born.  When all my siblings got married she accepted each in-law as her own and shows each of them love as if they were missing from the family the whole time.  I want to be just like that with my own kids and in-laws!  My mom is such an example of a hard worker and sacrificing her own needs & wants for others.  When there's a bad day a hug or phone call from my mom can make all the difference.  My mom is always letting Jaycee know she's thinking about her even though Jaycee hasn't quite had the time to get to know her.  I just love my mom and all she did for me growing up and does for me now.

#3-I'm thankful for my dad!
I don't give my dad enough credit for all he did for me.  I even feel really bad because I hardly ever talk to him.  But I do want him to know that I'm thankful for him.  I didn't get a ton of time with him growing up because of the Navy, but I know he was gone and working hard to provide for our family of 8!  My dad taught me what it is and means to be a hard worker.  I value my dad's soft spot for his kids, grandkids and also for "the other wives" haha...aka our cats.  Although I do miss my cat Stasia.  My dad can be a tough cookie, but he has a huge, soft heart.  I'm thankful my dad taught me the value of money and how to get the best deal ha ha.  I'm also thankful for my dad's testimony.  He doesn't share it often, but when he does it means so much to me to hear.  I love my dad!

#4-I'm thankful for my children!
Jaycee LeeAnn is one of my favorite people ever.  She can make me laugh, smile, cry all in one day!  She has quite the little personality and we are best buds.  I love that I get to be home with her every day and see her grow.  I never imagined the love I could have for her could be so strong.  Every night I have to give her a kiss on the cheek and thank my Heavenly Father for her in my life.


Although I haven't got to meet this little angel I'm so excited she's coming soon.  I'm thankful I can provide for her and she gives her thanks by letting me know everyday that she's okay.  I'm so thankful my body is able to bring her to this earth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh mandee...i love your list. maybe it's just because I am so emotional, but it was great to re-read every thought in my own head. Though they're not my kids, i love your children. i cannot wait to get you back closer...like i texted you! it'll be the missing piece i feel like i misplaced. i love yall so very much :) and i am so happy to be your sister. it makes me very ecstatic to know you have so much love, happiness, and pride in your life...because you deserve every second of it!

    ReplyDelete