Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks All Month Long!

#16- I'm thankful for my bed.  I never knew how much I love my bed until I spent a week away from it.  When we go out of town I dread the idea that I won't get to sleep in our bed.  Even being 9 months pregnant I still can get comfortable and get a good nights' sleep. 

#17-I'm thankful for food.  What would we do without yummy, delicious food!  I can't wait to eat sweet potatoes and turkey tomorrow!  Love Thanksgiving dinner.

#18-I'm grateful for talents.  I feel very blessed that I was born with different talents and that I get to explore those talents.  It gives me something fun to do and also I get to share those talents.  It's fun to see the talents of other people and see how they use their talents.

#19-I'm thankful for my memory.  One of my favorite things to do is think back on how Craig and I started dating, our engagement, wedding day, and everything up until now.  It puts a smile on my face.  I would be so sad if I couldn't remember things about my life that have given me enjoyment.  I'm also thankful I have my memory to remind me each day how blessed I am right now.  We've all been through hard times and my memory allows me to be thankful I made it through those times. 

#20-I'm thankful for books....I'm talking books of all sorts!  Children books for Jaycee, sudoku books for me, intense books for Craig, Book of Mormon for all the world!  I love a good book and I love being engaged in the story.  Reading is a favorite thing in our home.

#21-I'm thankful for funny things and laughter.  Sometimes life gets hard...actually a lot of times.  I'm always grateful there's a funny movie, a funny show-we love the Office, someone who can make me laugh, and things around me to remind me to not be so serious.  My favorite is when I get laughing so hard I cry or my cheeks hurt.  That's the best! 

#22-I'm grateful for airplanes.  With living on the opposite side of the country we don't get to see family.  But with the help of airplanes we've been able to have family come see us and we also got to visit them.  How wonderful it is to take a 6 hour flight to see someone vs. a 36 hour drive.  It's been fun to have family come see us in Maine and to show them how different it is up in New England. 

#23-I'm thankful for snow and rain.  Yes, I am!  I thought it'd be appropriate for today because we have a nice snow storm going on right now.  I love the pretty, white snow.  Nothing better to make it seems more festive to the holiday season.  I love how excited Jaycee gets when it snows, even though she can't play in it today because of her cold.  I'm a little sad that in Oregon we won't have snow, but I also love rain so it's okay.  I love a rainy day.  I like how beautiful it makes everything around so lush and green.  And always a rainbow after a good rain storm is always a pretty sight.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading all your thankful for. It always reminds me of all we really have good in the world. You are such a great example of positive thinking and love. I don't know what I'd do without you in my life. Thanks for all you do. And don't worry about snow...just get your fix when you come visit UT!

    ReplyDelete