Tuesday, April 17, 2012

An apple a day...

If I let Jaycee she'd eat ten apples a day!  She is our little fruit fanatic!  I would say her favorite are grapes and strawberries.  I don't blame her though, they are yummy! 

Yesterday both girls had their check ups.  Here are their stats
Jaycee LeeAnn
Weight: 35.2 pounds  80%
Height: 36 3/4 inches  50%

Hadi May
Weight:  11 pounds 13.5 oz   15%
Height:   24 inches   35%

So looks like our little girlies are absolutely perfect, which I already knew :)

Everything with Jaycee is going great except that she doesn't drink milk.  I brought this up and her dr said as long as she's getting 3 servings of dairy a day then that's fine.  She does love yogurt so I'm making sure to give her one more often and hoping to add in more cheese.  Also the dr said as long as she keeps eating her 5 servings of fruits & veggies that she doesn't need to take supplemental vitamins.  That isn't a problem with her though.  The veggies we have every night with dinner along with snacking on carrots.  And fruit is pretty much a treat for her.  At this age she should be drawing circles and lines and will start using plurals when talking (appleS, toyS, etc) and will start referring to "I" and "Me" instead of saying "Jaycee".  I've already noticed she is starting to that a lot more often.  Jaycee was very cooperative for the dr in letting her check all her body parts and getting her temp although Jaycee decided she wanted to be shy and not say a word.  I was a little concerned about her weight percentage but the dr said she looks perfect.  Jaycee doesn't get much sweets and I feel like we are a pretty healthy family.  My goal for her is just with the nice weather to get her playing outside every day; which I'm sure she'll love that. 

Hadi is looking great also.  She has a little thing on the back of her head/neck line which gets bright red and then goes away.  I was concerned and found it is called Stork's Bite.  It's a birthmark type thing that will go away by the time she turns 3.  It looks like a salmon patch which are blood vessels dialated.  You can see them when she cries, after a warm bath or if she's too hot.  That's when I've noticed it.  Also Hadi got her 4 month shots and she only cried at the end of the last one and calmed right down with her binkie.  Hadley flipped from her tummy to her back for the first time and ALMOST flips from her back to her tummy.  She loves to giggle especially when playing Patty Cake.  She also loves her toys and sitting up watching shows with Jaycee.  She now sleeps in her crib from about 10:30-7 and without a peep.  

 After the dr left I hugged both my girls in the little doctors office and just felt so lucky to have them.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Yes the time does fly. I cannot believe how fast your girls are growing. Especially Hadi. I was just reading your baby blog and to think of how miserable you were feeling then and bam...4 months later and she's here growing like a weed. I am more excited that 2 more weeks.....Yay for the Parkers heading back our way! Love yall

    ReplyDelete