Sunday, April 1, 2012

Orgasmic French Toast!

So there's a little story behind "orgasmic french toast" 
Clear back 5 1/2 years ago Craig and I had been on a whole 2 dates-ish and we're pretty much "boyfriend, girlfriend" and we had gone on a date down to the Hale Theater.  One the way back we were pretty hungry and Craig asked if I wanted some orgasmic french toast.  It took me back a minute to see what the heck he was talking about.  Well if you've been to Ihop and gotten their stuffed french toast, you know exactly why it's called that.  YUMMY!  It's a favorite of ours but yet here in Maine you have to drive SO FAR to get ANY WHERE!  I think it's been a year since we've had it.  Well conference was this weekend obviously and I've heard a lot of people have traditions of things they make: pancakes, cinnamon rolls etc.  I've wanted to think of something unique and finally I found it....STUFFED FRENCH TOAST!  And boy was it "mouthgasmic" Holy Moly!  So here's the recipe and I owe props to "Sugardoodle.net" on f/b. 

STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
  • 1 loaf French bread
  • 5 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • crushed corn flakes
"THE GOODNESS"
  • 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup cool whip, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
STRAWBERRY SAUCE
  • 2 cups strawberries
  • sugar, TT
First make "THE GOODNESS".  Blend all ingredients together and set aside.
Next, make the Strawberry sauce.  Blend strawberries and sugar together, adding sugar to get to desired sweetness. Set aside.
Cut French bread into even slices about 1.5-2 inches thick.
Blend together eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and heavy cream.
Dip sliced french bread into egg mixture.  Next dip into crushed Corn Flakes.
Cook until done.
Place one slice of French Toast on a plate. Layer a good amount of "The Goodness".  Top with another French toast.  Drizzle strawberry sauce over top and swirl on some whipping cream.
Enjoy!


We didn't do the crushed cornflakes so I don't know what it would add flavor wise.  But holy cow it was so so so good and makes a lot too.  We have another round for breakfast tomorrow so I think next time I'll half the recipe.  It tastes so similair to Ihop too so now I can make my own.  

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good. I think i will make it this weekend, thanks.

    ReplyDelete