Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You know the typical saying of all the duties of a wife: homemaker, mom, wife, accountant, taxi driver....blah, blah, blah.  Well YES it is true.  We do hold many titles and most the time do it well.  Last night as I was reminded that I'm Craig's personal secretary, that saying popped in my head and then I realized that women do a lot of things but they should make one for men too.  Sometimes we think we need all the credit, but I feel Craig deserves credit too.  He is a father, husband, comedian, cook, provider for all our finances, garbage man, the helper to many chores, teacher, story teller, Priesthood holder, body guard for the family, birth doula coach, ear piece to all my talking, exercising buddy and mostly my best friend forever!

"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners."  -The Family: A Proclamation to the World


2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet. I was actually writing up a similar post with the help J has offered to me these past few months especially with the baby coming. It's true our hubbies do deseve a lot of credit. When I am albe to finally publish some posts on my own blog, I plan to "copycat" your proclamation to my post. Its so fitting and I think it does get overlooked alot. Thanks for the kind words about your hubby. I know he appreciates it! Love yall...only a few days to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN Amanda! Way to point that out to all of us! You are right, they deserve credit as well! I couldn't accomplish ANYTHING without my Joshy!

    ReplyDelete